1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Conservative Baptist Board

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by C.S. Murphy, Aug 28, 2002.

1. Bible-belted

Bible-belted New Member

What hairstyle?

We are asking for another section, for us true Baptist.

”Why stand on the broad road and get trampled?” Justified Version [​IMG]

"It is always better to stand up for conservatism, than to fall into liberalism" Justified Version [​IMG]

”Conservatives- Theology dictates morality/Liberals- morality dictates Theology” Justified Version [​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]Like I said, a "ture baptist" is not defined by being conservative or liberal necessarily. Baptists are people who hold to the authority of Scripture, the Lordship of Christ, Competency of the Soul, baptism by immersion of believers, local church autonomy. Positions on end times, abortion, and a host of other things do not define a "true baptist".

The more I see this, the more I see it as a bad idea. It would be a haven for self-satisfied fundamentalist snobbery from the looks of things.

Sorry to be harsh about it, but you should hear yourselves sometimes...

2. BrianT

BrianT New Member

Well then you had better answer Joshua's question on the other thread, so we all know what you think a "true Baptist" is.
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

3. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Preach on, Karen!

4. rsr

Faith:
    Baptist
    And ecumenical (lower case) is a dirty word?

I understand that Baptists shouldn't embrace doctrines we disagree with, but attending a service where no doctrine is challenged is forbidden? Please.

-- As a member of the choir that celebrated the city's 100th anniverary with six other churches and sang "Grace Alone."

5. Justified

Justified New Member

Well then you had better answer Joshua's question on the other thread, so we all know what you think a "true Baptist" is.
    </font>[/QUOTE]I will not answer the other thread! [​IMG]

"B" = Bible Authority & Inerrancy
    "A" = Autonomy of the Local Church
    "P" = Priesthood of Every Believer
    "T" = Two Ordinances-Believer's Baptism & The Lord's Supper
    "I" = Individual Soul Liberty
    "S" = Separation-Personal, Ecclesiastcal, & Political
    "T" = Two Officers-Pastor & Deacons

Simple, but effective! [​IMG]

"It is always better to stand up for conservatism, than to fall into liberalism" Justified Version [​IMG]

”Conservatives- Theology dictates morality/Liberals- morality dictates Theology” Justified Version [​IMG]

[ August 29, 2002, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: Justified ]

6. Bible-belted

Bible-belted New Member

Justifed,

I like the little mnemonic.

There is aproblem though. Historically it has been authority, and not inerrancy.

7. Justified

Justified New Member

When you study the history of the Doctrines, Inerrancy is interwoven in its authority of the Bible! [​IMG] [​IMG]

[ August 29, 2002, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: Justified ]

8. Bible-belted

Bible-belted New Member

When you study the history of the Doctrines, Inerrancy is interwoven in its authority of the Bible! [​IMG] [​IMG]

</font>[/QUOTE]That's your opinion. When you study the history of the confessions though it is clear that inerrancy is not an essential. Authority is the only essential.

[ August 29, 2002, 10:33 PM: Message edited by: Latreia ]

9. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

I never said it was the real Baptist. I simply am calling for a place free from private interpretation. What does this even concern you?
    Murph

10. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And I can see the many conservatives heartily agreeing to having one. It's the liberals that are disagreeing and finding the excuses not to have one.</font>[/QUOTE]Let me be clear: If what has been portrayed here (the bickering, the name-calling, the pettiness, the self-righteous blanket condemnation of others) is "conservative", then I'm delighted that you and others don't consider me a "conservative".

I hope you get your "conservative" section where you can attack each other endlessly while you try to "purify" and "seperate" yourselves. I will gladly stay out of that ungodliness.

11. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

You are right so why not go ahead and tell us the suspence is killing me. By the way I am confused myself as to what I am, I simply believe the Bible to be true when it says something. Oh I forgot I do know what I am, narrow minded.
    Murph

12. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    </font>[/QUOTE]I will not answer the other thread! [​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]It was "put up or shut up" time on the other thread. I didn't realize you would exercise the option to run away.

Enjoy your "conservative" forum if you get it. I've tried to be nice and considerate with you but you don't seem to want it. I will gladly give you advice about Mormons if you ask, but I honestly don't expect you to ask anymore. I will continue to pray for your Mormon contacts, with or without your permission. If the Lord has mercy on them, I pray you won't lead them into the brand of "conservatism" represented here.

13. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

It was harse but that's your business. While you say we should hear ourselves, please listen to your words. Authority of Scripture, that is what I am looking for, if you truly share this belief then you should reverse your criticism.
    Murph

14. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

BB can we quote you on that?
    Murph

15. rsr

Faith:
    Baptist
  16. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

It was "put up or shut up" time on the other thread. I didn't realize you would exercise the option to run away.

Enjoy your "conservative" forum if you get it. I've tried to be nice and considerate with you but you don't seem to want it. I will gladly give you advice about Mormons if you ask, but I honestly don't expect you to ask anymore. I will continue to pray for your Mormon contacts, with or without your permission. If the Lord has mercy on them, I pray you won't lead them into the brand of "conservatism" represented here.[/QB][/QUOTE]

BB, I wonder are your teeth on edge with all those sour grapes?
    Murph

17. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BB can we quote you on that?
    [/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]Hmmm.... You finally decided to respond to me.

Yes. You may quote me. My attitude is currently so bitter toward this "conservative" crowd that I fully expect you to misquote and slander me as well. Prove me wrong.

18. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More like disgust. I you can't realize how sinful this name-calling, blanket condemnation and self-righteousness is, I am truly sorry for you.

Take it behind closed doors if you are going to continue in it.

19. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

Sir please tell me who on this thread I have cast a blanket condemnation at. And in what way I have acted as a self rightous person. Also when in your last post you said you were sure I would misquote you please exlain how when I simply used your post without changing any wording. Finally just one last question who made you the police squad. take it behind closed doors what the heck does that even mean?
    Murph

20. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sir please tell me who on this thread I have cast a blanket condemnation at.[/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]That comment was not directed specifically at you. There are several here who are on your bandwagon who do it constantly.

Again, not specifically at you.

You did quote me fairly and I appreciate it. I stand by what I said in that quote. What I was saying is that my attitude toward the self-professed "conservative" bunch in this thread is currently so poor (that is my problem) that I fully expect people here to misquote me and slander me with it (again, it is a problem of bitterness rising in me as a reaction to some of these posts -- my problem). I said "prove me wrong" as a challenge to demonstrate that I have misjudged you all in this moment of extreme irritation. It is a call to do the right thing and speak fairly and honestly.

Christians are called to stand up for what is right. I am exercising that obligation. "Take it behind closed doors" is a request to take all of the ugliness the "conservative" side is spewing and put it in a private password protected forum if you all are going to continue in it.