1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Conservative Baptists

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Aug 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do we have any on this board? I used to be a member at one small church (very good) but hated attending another larger church in the denomination because of their continued allowing of women to teach adult Sunday school which is a deal breaker.

They are more similar to SBC over IFB. Some churches in the denomination are Calvinist.

2. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you mean the Conservative Baptist Association of America it has pretty much fallen apart. Local churches are no longer members of the national Association, but rather members of Regional Associations which are, in turn, associated with the national Association.

The church range from far left wing theological liberalism, to relative conservatism. You have to take each church on its own merits.

3. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

I think a church having women teach men sort of contradicts the label "conservative". I go to a large enough SBC church. I'm disappointed that they don't have a women's class. It doesn't affect me personally (because I'm a man, duh), but if a woman is so inclined to teach, there's no adult class for her to teach. Also, I think a good church should have a women's class for women who come to Sunday school without men, especially if they have husbands who stay home. Maybe no woman there wants to teach a woman's class (there's enough lone women to fill the seats)?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you ever asked why there is no women's class?

5. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Most churches have women's groups where women can learn and teach other women.

6. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I attended a IFB church in South Carolina once that would not allow women to teach children or be in charge of the nursery, because a man was the sole authority.

7. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is what I discovered in the two churches I visited. One was conservative, and the other leaned towards Liberalism.

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I visited a church like that once in Germany - the only class the women were allowed to "teach" was the nursery. Methinks its because the men would not want to change the diapers.

BTW, The adult class was age 8 and up. There was only one child's class - age 4-7, which of course was taught by a man.

9. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

Since the Fall, the Bible teaches that the man is to be head of the woman. It's not an issue of authority, but of authority over men.

10. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wrong. God ordained man as the head long before the fall.

11. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anytime we think someone else is wrong, we need to point the scripture that teaches this or that view is wrong. I knew a couple that team taught both men and women. In the public presentation, the man did the lions share of the talking. However, when the couple privately prepared, the lady worked hard to make sure what was taught was straight outta scripture.

12. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Take your own advice.

13. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

I wasn't wrong, I just wasn't complete enough. :)

But, the point still is, it's not an issue of authority per se, it's an issue of a woman having authority over a man.

If a church won't let a woman run the nursery at church, do they oppose female teachers in elementary school.

14. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Such examples are extreme and rare. That IFB Church in SC was extreme and rare. After I left college I never went back there and never would even if I was paid. The pastor was a jerk, the people were rude, and very stuck up. If you were not IFB you did not fit in.

15. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I support all my positions from scripture. For you to suggest otherwise is false, and demeaning. Scripture tells us to treat others with respect, to honor one another.

Stop slandering others to hide the falseness of your doctrine.

Anytime we think someone else is wrong, we need to point the scripture that teaches this or that view is wrong. I knew a couple that team taught both men and women. In the public presentation, the man did the lions share of the talking. However, when the couple privately prepared, the lady worked hard to make sure what was taught was straight outta scripture.

16. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

Bro you really need a course on what 'slander' is. Not one person has 'slandered' you in this thread or in the many other threads where you bring your false charge. Would you, for your own sake, and others, stop falsely accusing others whenever you are merely disagreed with???

BTW I am a conservative, reformed Baptist. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother you are the guy that slandered me with the charge of being an open theist. Lets leave it that you have no credibility. BTW I use slander as the bible does. Why not look it up before you post more falsehoods.

For the record, Evangelical slandered me with this "take you own advice." That constitutes "evil speaking and "backbiting" all rolled into one.

Now why not address the topic rather than attack me personally?

Why not start with your claim reformed are conservatives, when they are liberals. They get their doctrine by reading into scripture what it does not say. For example, we are chosen for salvation through faith in the truth, 2 Thessalonians 2:13. But Reformed say we are chosen unconditionally. But what verse supports that mistaken view? None. That is liberalism.

18. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

Goodness sake brother, never mind, it simply isn't worthy of my time to address your false accusations, straw man arguments and diatribe.

BTW, I will add, that your above post is actually slanderous and not only that, it is filled with a few lies. But hey, whatever you need to do to show us your character. No biggie.

#18 Internet Theologian, Sep 7, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  19. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Van needs time at a zoo and the rabbit area.... He he ha ha. Just joking.

20. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Notice the continued ad hominems, with nothing posted to support their slanderous posts. Conservatives believe in the rule of law, abiding by the rules. But what about the posting rules that say address the topic and not the poster? Liberals will redefine the rules such that personal attacks are not personal attacks.

Conservatives would support their views from scripture, liberals will change the subject and hurl insults.

I am a conservative, I believe what the bible says, not what it does not say. I believe Christ died as a ransom for all. I believe God desires that all people be saved. I believe God chooses people for salvation through faith in the truth, a conditional election. I believe we should study scripture using the most accurate translation, such as the NASB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.