1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Conservative Resurgence Memorial Windows Removed at SWBTS?

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Jerome, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LoL.... why am I remembering the quote (actually the epitaph) of the Roman, Sulla Felix.... “No friend ever served me, no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full .”

2. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sulla is one of my favorite subjects to read about, and that's from an era with no lack of interesting people.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Were Juleus Caesar, Pompey, Marius and Cicero made their political mistakes, Sulla never did, he merely killed all those who could threaten him. They say he retired in total safety, for he killed nearly all who could plan his assignation.

Though for pure character and virtue, my choice is Cato the Elder. He displayed a hard integrity that was the original Roman character, prior to them getting polluted and greedy.

4. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That he did, and I have respect for the younger Cato, though he was dealt a rough hand.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmmm, he was a virtuous man however he was way out of step for his time. He was also a staunch stoic w/o his ancestors sense
    of humor. Elder was also a very good speaker/orator, rising to the positive of censor. He brilliantly prosecuted Scipio
    I have studied SA military tactics and those of Hannibal (a genius in all but escape plans) LOL

• Like Like x 1