1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Conservative

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by SolaSaint, Feb 15, 2012.

1. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Most Republicans have been watching and waiting for a choice where they didn't have to completely hold their nose while voting. Santorum is that candidate.

He, like all the potential candidate has his flaws -- and we'll all know them by the time Romney's PAC brodcastst them to the entire world -- but the flaws are fewer and less damaging for him than are the other candidates in the race this time.

As I see it, the main reason no one supported Santorum early on was the Romney meme, supported so well by the national press, i.e., that he was the inevitable candidate this time -- and the only one that had a chance to defeat Obama. The meme was and is patently false, and Romney could not even defeat McCain who was defeated by Obama last cycle.

If Santorum can pull out a victory in either Michigan or Arizona he will upset the balance of power and be a true player in the race instead of the next "flavor of the month" that the media sets up and takes down. And, in fact, Santorum has some "substance" in his campaign in that he is gaining ground IN SPITE of the national media who have yet to really front his campaign at all. I believe it is the PEOPLE who wish for an anti-Romney candidate who are in fact fueling Santorum's rise, and he can indeed carry the Republican base if he continues on his conservative track.

Of note, he began his real ascendency when he began campaigning against Obama instead of the other Republicans. Then, when after the fact, he became winner of Iowa, and won 3 on one day, he became viable, and now the last factor comes to play -- money.

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In today's political atmosphere a "conservative" is one who claims to be a conservative, has been a conservative or promises to become a conservative (cross my heart and hope to die) if elected to office regardless of past deeds to the contrary.

HankD