1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Conservatives Endorse Ron Paul

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Rufus_1611, May 22, 2007.

?

Do you support the Patriot Act?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2007.
  1. I'm a Conservative and I support the Patriot Act

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I'm a Conservative and I do NOT support the Patriot Act

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. I'm a Liberal and I support the Patriot Act

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I'm a Liberal and I do NOT support the Patriot Act

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Key California Republican Group Endorses Ron Paul

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

May 22, 2007

ARLINGTON, VA – The United Republicans of California (UROC) have unanimously endorsed Congressman Ron Paul for president of the United States. UROC, formed in 1963 to support Barry Goldwater, represents the traditional conservative wing of the California Republican Party.

“The unanimous endorsement from the United Republicans of California proves what the campaign has been saying all along,” said campaign chairman Kent Snyder. “Ron Paul is the only true conservative and real Republican in the race.”

In their official statement endorsing Dr. Paul, UROC called him “the leading advocate for freedom in our nation’s capital” and recognized that:

Ron Paul’s voting record demonstrates that he has voted against:

· raising taxes;
    · unbalanced budgets;
    · a federal restriction on gun ownership;
    · raising congressional pay; or
    · increasing the power of the executive branch.

His voting record demonstrates further that he voted against:

· the USA Patriot Act;
    · regulating the Internet; and
    · the war in Iraq.

Dr. Paul is the only candidate with a record that matches the UROC’s platform.

“Whether the issue is life, the Second Amendment, foreign policy, spending or taxes, Ron Paul is the only traditional conservative candidate,” continued Snyder. “Traditional conservatives across the country should support Ron Paul for president.”

2. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

The second part of the voting record pulls him out of the conservative field and sides him with the libs.

3. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Only if you redefine the field.

4. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

No not at all. Conservatives do not support the abolition of the patriot act. That would be redefining the term. Conservatives do not support the failure to regulate appropriate areas of the internet. That would be redefining the term.

5. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

What is conservative about the patriot act? The patriot act shredded the constitution.

6. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Apparently, if you favor the Constitution, you are a liberal.

7. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

I guess 'conservatives' favor conserving their sorry hides from the terrorist boogeyman over conserving the freedoms of the constitution. My mistake.

8. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

You should have said, "GOP loyalist do not support the abolition of the patriot act." I know many conservatives like myself who do indeed support the abolition of the patriot act!

9. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

These are all conservative stances, if you take conservative at it's literal meaning of little government interference. Conserving the power of the feds, just as one would conserve water, etc, means that we do not use much. If the government does not use much power, it is conservative.

I agree with Dr. Paul on most issues, although I think there is a need for certain types of gun restrictions, probably all of which most here would agree with me on, and Dr. Paul may as well, I'm not sure. I also do not disagree with all of the Patriot Act, although I can see the point others make about it giving too much power to the Prez. Do we, as Republicans, Conservative, or whatever, really want someone like Hillary Clinton or John Kerry to have those powers? That is not to give Bush a pass, but putting the shoe on the other foot there to demonstrate that the power will remain no matter who is in the white house. I do think the internet needs to have some restrictions, but that is low on my priority list. Parents ought to be doing most if the enforcement on that. I agree that Iraq was a mistake. I think most of us, whether we admit it or not, realize that now. It would have been much better had Bush Sr. finished Saddam the first time around when there was so much int'l support, including from the Middle East. That would have been enough to get the message across that we don't want to interfere over there, but when our interests are invaded, which they were in Kuwait, we will act. We could have toppled Saddam, split the country up, and left, avoiding much of the carnage we see now.

Like with anyone else, I do not agree with Dr. Paul on every issue, but he is far and away the best candidate running in this election and seemingly the only one who will tell you the truth, even when it isn't pleasant. A fully non-interventionist foreign policy, which I am not completely in favor of, is still so much better than what we have now and what the other candidates want to continue with.

In any event, Dr. Paul is the real conservative on the Republican side.