1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Conservatives more honest than liberals?

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by Walguy, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Walguy

Walguy Member

Not sure if this is the right forum, but I found this article interesting (though not surprising):

http://www.examiner.com/a-1419425~Peter_Schweizer__Conservatives_more_honest_than_liberals_.html

The thing that bothers me is that even though the poll numbers for conservatives are generally much better, they are still nothing to really be proud of. I consider myself sort of moderately conservative - there are many who are much more conservative than I am these days - but I would never engage in the kind of dishonesty described in the poll questions. Not only was I raised to be honest, but I know that God is watching me and I don't want to disappoint Him any more than I can help. I want to be trustworthy at all times for His glory. So it saddens me that so many people are willing to be dishonest, both liberal and conservative.

Anyway, I think Schweizer's conclusion is right on the money:
    Opinions?

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that honesty has to do with knowing right from wrong and trying to do the right, not political ideology.

3. Walguy

Walguy Member

Yes, but for someone who believes in moral relativism, which is a belief found mostly among liberals, right and wrong change situationally. There is no absolute right and wrong in their minds as there is with those of us who fully accept what the Bible says. It makes rationalization much easier. Before someone can truly know right from wrong, they have to acknowledge that there IS genuine right and wrong.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Schweizer is correct.

5. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

so...if liberals aren't as honest, could that mean more of them were lying on this survey?? Hmmm....

6. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Emphasis mine

Possibly!!

YIKES; does this means that they are even LESS HONEST than the survey indicates!!??:tear: