1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Consider it perfectly

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Chowmah, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Anyone know what Jeremiah 23 is talking about? In the latter days we shall consider it perfectly. Thats what the Word says. I posted a few of the verses i would like to talk about. If there are any other verses out of Jeremiah 23 that you wish to talk about feel free.

JEREMIAH 23
    [1] Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the Lord.
    [20] The anger of the Lord shall not return, until he have executed, and till he have performed the thoughts of his heart: IN THE LATTER DAYS ye shall consider it perfectly.
    [26] How long shall this be in the heart of the prophets that prophesy lies? yea, they are prophets of the deceit of their own heart; [27] Which think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbour, as their fathers have FORGOTTEN MY NAME FOR BAAL.
    [28] The prophet that hath a dream, let him tell a dream; and he that hath my word, let him speak my word faithfully. What is the CHAFF TO THE WHEAT? saith the Lord. [29] Is not MY WORD LIKE AS A FIRE? saith the Lord; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?
    [32] Behold, I am against them that prophesy false dreams, saith the Lord, and do tell them, and cause my people to err by THEIR LIES, and by THEIR LIGHTNESS; yet I sent them not, nor commanded them: therefore THEY SHALL NOT PROFIT THIS PEOPLE AT ALL, saith the Lord.
    [36] And the burden of the Lord shall ye mention no more: for EVERY MAN'S WORD SHALL BE HIS BURDEN; for ye have perverted the words of the living God, of the Lord of hosts our God.
    [39] Therefore, behold, I, even I, will utterly forget you, and I will forsake you, and the city that I gave you and your fathers, and cast you out of my presence: [40] And I will bring an EVERLASTING REPROACH upon you, and a PERPETUAL SHAME, which shall NOT BE FORGOTTEN.

2. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Here is somethin i saw that caught my attention

JER.23[28-29] What is the chaff to the wheat? Is not my word like as a fire?

LUKE 3 [16] John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire: [17] Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and will GATHER THE WHEAT into his garner; but the CHAFF HE WILL BURN WITH FIRE unquenchable.

3. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

This to caught my eye

JER.23[36] every man's word shall be his burden

MATTHEW 12 [36] But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. [37] FOR BY THY WORDS THOU SHALT BE JUSTIFIED, AND BY THY WORDS THOU SHALT BE CONDEMNED.

4. billwald

billwald New Member

>Anyone know what Jeremiah 23 is talking about?

Generally, every generation. Specifically, AD 70?

>In the latter days we shall consider it perfectly.

Consider what? We have been in the latter days for 2000 years and don't consider anything perfectly.

5. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Whats verse 40 speaking of?

JER.23[40] The PERPETUAL shame, which shall NOT BE FORGOTTEN?

JEREMIAH 50 [5] They shall ask the way to Zion with their faces thitherward, saying, Come, and LET US JOIN OURSELVES TO THE LORD IN A PERPETUAL COVENANT THAT SHALL NOT BE FORGOTTEN. [6] My people hath been lost sheep: their shepherds have caused them to go astray, they have turned them away on the mountains: they have gone from mountain to hill, they have forgotten their restingplace.

They have forgotten their resting place. Remember the....4th commandment?The scriptue below is the only other place you will find the words “perpetual covenant” in the KJV.

EXODUS 31[16] Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a PERPETUAL COVENANT.

Aint the Word of God great

6. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

JEREMIAH 50 [4] IN THOSE DAYS, and in that time, saith the Lord, the children of Israel shall come, they and the children of Judah together, going and weeping: they shall go, and seek the Lord their God. [5] They shall ask the way to Zion with their faces thitherward, saying, Come, and let us join ourselves to the Lord in a perpetual covenant that shall not be forgotten. [6] MY PEOPLE HATH BEEN LOST SHEEP: their shepherds have caused them to go astray, they have turned them away on the mountains: THEY HAVE GONE FROM MOUNTAIN TO HILL, THEY HAVE FORGOTTEN THEIR RESTINGPLACE.

ISAIAH 2 [2] And it shall come to pass IN THE LAST DAYS, that the mountain of THE LORD'S HOUSE SHALL BE ESTABLISHED IN THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAINS, AND SHALL BE EXALTED ABOVE THE HILLS; and all nations shall flow unto it. [3] And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for OUT OF ZION SHALL GO FORTH THE LAW, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.

In Jer.50 we see how Gods people went from the mountains to the hills and had forgotten their restingplace? The sabbath. But in the above scripture it says “in the last days” the Lords house will be established on the top of the mountains and exalted above the hills. Jer.50 [5] aslo says that Gods people (the lost sheep Jesus said He came for) will return to His sabbath.

Just love the Word!