1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Consider the lillies of the field

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by TexasSky, Jun 24, 2005.

1. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Just when I think that the Lord can't amaze me anymore than He already has, He taps me on the shoulder and says, "Gotcha."

With a daughter in college, and a son in Junior High, and a mortgage, and all those other things all of you have as well - my car quit on me yesterday.

When I left work, it wouldn't start. I hoped it was just a low battery, tried to boost it, failed. Had a nice cry when the company janitor stepped out and offered to help. He tried a few things, and failed.

I called someone to pick me up, cried a little more, prayed a lot. Being as its the end of the month, not the beginning, even the emergency funds are running low.

Tonight as I was leaving this same sweet man stopped me and said, "If you will leave me your car keys, I will work on your car. I think I can fix it."

Three hours later he calls me at home to come get the car. He wouldn't take any payment more than a hug.

2. untangled

untangled Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Praise God for this kind man. [​IMG]

3. OCC

OCC Guest

4. Rachel

Rachel New Member

Yes Praise God for people willing to act in such a way! [​IMG]