1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Continuing Care Communities

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Crabtownboy, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does anyone on the BB live in a continuing care community or have parents or relatives who live in one? If so, what is your opinion of them?

2. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My mother lived in one for the final 2 years of her life. She went from the Assisted Living area to the 'lock down' unit as her dementia worsened.

There are some that you can buy into that go from independent living all the way thru intensive nursing. They also depend on how much money you can spend.

My experience with them was largely positive. In the main, she was well cared for.

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It was the best decision my in-laws could have made. They lived there in a "cottage" (a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 2 car garage detached house) for 5 years before my FIL passed away. He was in the rehab portion for about 6 weeks then passed away while my MIL continues to live in the cottage. Now she lives on her own - and we know that the basics are cared for. The place they moved to is very costly but worth every penny, IMO.