1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Conundrum Baptist Doctrine vs Satan

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by loDebar, Apr 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Persecutions from attacks on this board?

2. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus did not say, “Greater love has no man than this, than to protect his friends by killing his friend’s enemies” (see John 15:13). He said, "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.” (John 15:12–14) (KJV 1900)

We see both positions represented on this board.

3. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only those who are in Christ can understand the Word of God.

And that has nothing to do with how Scripture is interpreted.

Scripture has never been interpreted through personal experience, because your personal experience doesn't change what God has given men in His Word.

I think you are confusing interpretation with application.

God bless.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Someone disagreeing with you is not persecution.

A church expelling you from membership because you refuse to repent of false doctrine is not persecution.

Being shunned by those who you think are spiritually inferior to you is not persecution.

Being ignored due to self righteousness is not persecution.

5. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you think I've been falsely accused for sharing what I've learned?

6. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please do not lie about the positions taken by others. NOBODY on this forum has advocated killing his friend's enemies.

If you have as little respect for the word of God as you have for what others have said, I can see why you are so confused.

7. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did not say anyone does what you accuse me of saying. I am showing how people read violence into scriptures that call for nonviolence. But, for the sake of clarity, show where I lied so I can consider it. Again, we should not accuse people of lying unless they do.

8. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, you did. You said, "We see both positions represented on this board."

No, we don't see the position that anyone on this forum has stated he believes “Greater love has no man than this, than to protect his friends by killing his friend’s enemies.”

That is patently untrue, but as usual, you make a patently false statement then, when called to post evidence, you duck and dodge and refuse to take responsibility for your falsehood.

9. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    How is that a Lie? You and I do not see non violence the same way, as far as I know. There are situations where you and others think violence is justifiable in self defence. I limit it to the civil magistrate, because I find no examples of Christians using violence to defend themselves in the NT. So I'm not lying when I say both views are debated on this forum.

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you saying that just disagreeing is hating?

11. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    How could it be?
    “When Paul and Barnabas had a major argument and debate with them, the church appointed Paul and Barnabas and some others from among them to go up to meet with the apostles and elders in Jerusalem about this point of disagreement.” (Acts 15:2) (NET)

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who has been advocating for that on the board though?

13. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why do you ask?

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just have not seen any here doing what you see them to be doing!

15. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    What do you think I see "them" to be doing?

16. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here you make the statement that someone on the Baptist Board stated a position that they think they should "protect his friends by killing his friend’s enemies”

You then say:

"We see both positions represented on this board."

Because nobody has made such a statement except you. You keep posting these troll posts and refuse to post a quote from someone on this forum saying that. You refuse to be held accountable for posting falsehoods.

Now you want to change what you claimed. The above is NOT what you claimed. You claimed “Greater love has no man than this, than to protect his friends by killing his friend’s enemies.” Now you continue your posting of falsehoods by trying to say you didn't say it but said something else. More blatant dishonesty.
    To get you to repent of your sin and be honest.

Just as you said: “Greater love has no man than this, than to protect his friends by killing his friend’s enemies.”

By your continued posting of obvious untruths you have destroyed any credibility you might have once had. Time to come clean or move along.

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You seen to be getting upset when some here are disagreeing with your theology.

18. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    [Proverbs 26:4-5 NASB] 4 Do not answer a fool according to his folly, Or you will also be like him. 5 Answer a fool as his folly deserves, That he not be wise in his own eyes.

[Gal 2:16 NASB] 16 nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified.
    [Jas 2:24 NASB] 24 You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.

Yup.

19. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope.

[Proverbs 26:4-5 NASB] 4 Do not answer a fool according to his folly, Or you will also be like him. 5 Answer a fool as his folly deserves, That he not be wise in his own eyes.

Don't answer him according to his knowledge but do answer him as his folly deserves.

[Gal 2:16 NASB] 16 nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified.
    [Jas 2:24 NASB] 24 You see that a man is justified by works and not by faith alone.

A man is not justified (in the eyes of God) by works but is justified (in the eyes of men) because his works are proof of his faith.

John 13:35.

20. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    James doesn't say that we are justified in the eyes of men. Paul was making the point that grace (and not works) is the root from which our faith grows. James was making the point that works are the fruit that 'prove' the genuineness of our faith.

Yet the point still stands that the Holy Spirit teaches us the paradoxical truth that Good Works are worthless for our justification and essential for our sanctification. To the question "Are Good Works Necessary?" ... the answer is both 'No' and 'Yes'.

So I stand by 'Yup'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.