1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Converting From Baptist To Catholic

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Gregory Perry Sr., Feb 14, 2013.

1. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

???? Just a few suggestions..

SN and Zaac...this is way off topic....I don't know what is behind the current animosity between the two of you and it definitely needs to get settled somehow....maybe with some mediation from a Mod or an Administrator. I hate to see things aired out in public when there could be either unbelievers or weaker brothers and sisters adversely affected by it. May I suggest that the two of you somehow "bury the hatchet" via a series of PM's until the matter is settled? (hopefully NOT in each other's foreheads:praying:). This kind of quarreling could be partly just the kind of thing that contributed to bro.Walter moving to the position he is in today. Think about it. One thing I can say for sure....if the two of you were praying for each other with a charitable spirit...then things might be better..AMEN? Think about it and God Bless You Both.

Bro.Greg:saint:

2. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbs::thumbs:

I would add that the story of conversion of Scott Hahn to Catholicism is an interesting one. Scott is (was) a Presby seminary graduate, Pastor and I believe even taught in seminary.

3. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What's keeping you from joining the Catholic faith?
    MB

4. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Personally I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole. What are you doing? It seems to me your preaching in favor of the Catholic faith. I'm sorry but you write as if you already are in the Catholic faith. You're doing the same on the theological board
    MB

5. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

Making quite a leap in your last two posts, aren't you? Maybe you should try out for the Olympics with that leaping ability.

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I was wrong for posting what I did, and will not post in response to him again. If anyone wants to know what is behind the problem, do a search on the history of his posts to say back last August or September, and the pattern will become quite clear. I want to apologize for anyone I offended. It is true, I have no tolerance of posters making sport of others salvation, but I need to ignore it, especially if it is disrupting the thread.

7. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Why do you feel the need to be so disingenuous?

8. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

No Problem

SN...I was not offended...it's just the thought occurred to me that in all we say (myself included) that we need to be mindful of the others who may be hearing or reading what we say. None of us live in a bubble. The one thing that God does for His children (us) that I WISH I could gain the ability to do while I am still alive here is to be able to FORGET THE PAST. The best we can do is ask the Lord to forgive us and try to move beyond things. For the record...I enjoy reading most of the stuff you post.

Bro.Greg:saint:

9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Thanks, and I am working on forgetting the past. In the case of the other poster, I will manage not to say another word about this ongoing situation. He knows what his motives and patterns are, and they need no further comment from me. I guess what set me off was one poster was banned after eight posts the other day. Also, I enjoy your posts, and you will not hear another word from about about the subject of this poster.