1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Converting thy to your is really the only requirement to modernizing the entire KJV Bible

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by IFB_123, Jan 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George Antonios

George Antonios Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    All your explanation points are a witness that you have no verse that teaches that inspiration is restricted to the original autographs or tongues. You have NO verse. If you can't prove it with the Bible, then you can't prove it at all. End of discussion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did Jesus promise the Holy Spirit would aid the Apostles themselves, or also translators yet to come?

3. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have no verse that teaches that Bible translations made after the end of the giving of the New Testament are made by the process of inspiration.

You do not practice what you preach and prove your modern, man-made view from the Scriptures.

4. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does God promise to use men to do His work among His people?

" Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
    13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of [his] good pleasure.
    14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
    15 that ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;
    16 holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain."
    ( Philippians 2:12-16 ).

Yes, God can use whoever He wants to do whatever He wants done.
    Can Satan use men to mess things up among God's children and in the churches?
    Yes, Satan can and does use his "children", by the spirit that works in the children of disobedience, to both pose as teachers and to pose as brethren.

My question to you is, why can He not use men, today, to perform translations?
    I believe that He can.

Does He?

I do not believe that He does today, but that He very well could have a few centuries ago...
    But if He did use men today, I don't believe that He would have them make use of anything that even approaches what is known as the "Critical Text".
    I also do not believe that today's merry-go-round of English translations is His doing.
    You already know where I stand on that.

It's about men making money on the surface, and a certain adversary pulling strings under the surface.

#64 Dave G, Feb 4, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    @Yeshua1

Second question...

What threat do people who hold that the AV is the singular best English translation ( accuracy-wise to the correct, preserved texts ) available today, have to you?
    Please keep in mind that I'm not lumping myself ( or others that basically agree with me ) with men like Ruckman;
    We also disagree with most of his comments and would prefer to stick to the evidence... and steer clear of the rhetoric.

Have I myself ever told you that you absolutely have to use the AV ( or any other translation )?
    No, I have not.

So, if you don't mind me asking, why are you ( apparently ) continuing to argue this subject as if you're being made to do something that you don't want to do?

From my perspective,
    You keep trying to "shout down" people who believe that most of today's English translations are corrupted by their usage of an untrustworthy collated Greek text that was basically developed from "Vaticanus" and "Siniaticus"...
    Which I personally do not trust either one of because of who they are / were in the possession of for the longest time.

What's more, in the case of "Siniaticus", it was quite literally found in a trash heap that was going to be burned and has numerous corrections that should have been automatically dismissed as being anywhere near reliable.

Any serious translator should have ignored it, in my opinion.

#65 Dave G, Feb 4, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    @Yeshua1
    Dave, my position is this:

You will have to accept that many of us have come to this of our own accord for concrete and realistic reasons, and that it is not above Satan to mess with God's words.
    He did it in the Garden, and he does it every day.
    Changing the Scriptures is not above his M.O., but rather, completely in line with it...
    "Yeah, hath God said?" is a very famous and telling phrase.

In addition, if you think that today's scholars, in this age of apostasy as we grow ever closer to the Lord's coming, are getting any more accurate and faithful to both the Lord and His words, then I will have to politely-but-firmly disagree.
    In fact, I see that as the years have gone on since the "Reformation", both doctrinal teachings and faithfulness in general among those who profess Christ have only become much, much worse.

Nothing is improving in these last days, spiritually.
    False teachers are only "waxing" worse and worse.

In the light of that, what makes you think that Satan, as his time grows ever shorter, is going to let up on his attack on God's words?
    He has nothing to lose by trying to do as much damage as he can ( and as much as God lets him ), because he is already judged and Hell is waiting.

That is part of why I stick to something that I am convinced is more faithful and accurate than anything since then that has been published;
    Because I see God's hand in a fair bit of the "Protestant Reformation", and His use of men like William Tyndale and many others to publish His words throughout the world in English, as well as many other languages, has not been lost on me.

It's not so much the KJV that I'm concerned with ( although I love it and am convinced it's by far the best, accuracy-wise, in the English )...
    It's anything faithfully translated from what I believe to be the preserved texts that is my real concern.;)

May God bless you in many ways, my friend.:)

#66 Dave G, Feb 4, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen.

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith: