1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Convince me of Amillennialism

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by RLBosley, Jan 22, 2015.

1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbs::thumbsup:

2. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you Greektim

3. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never gave post mil much serious thought as its theory in simplistic terms is everything gets better then Christ comes. That's not going to happen.

4. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

Do you mean the promises to Israel? If so, then I believe they were physically fulfilled and were types of the greater spiritual fulfillment that we see in the church. If there is a millennium I believe it is for the church not physical, national Israel. Why 1000 years? I'm not sure. like I said, maybe as the fulfillment of the promise that God would actually reign on the earth. But then again that will be perfectly fulfilled in the New Heavens and New Earth.

I don't believe there will be a temple and certainly not sacrifices. That is blasphemy.

Good point - the mass and re-instituted animal sacrifices are both horrific blasphemy that deny the once and for all sacrifice of Christ.

5. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

The simplicity is really appealing. Occam's Razor and all...

6. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Well said and so true. But this one can't be beat!

Hebrews 9:28. So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.