1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cooperative Program Giving

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Jimmy C, Sep 26, 2003.

1. Gunther

Gunther New Member

C.S. Murphy, one reason why the Lifeway near me is so expensive is because they do not have a security system in place and people steal. As we all know, the more a place is stolen from, the more prices go up.

Also, there is a 10% discount for all area pastors available (wish I could get that).

I prefer to shop Lifeway over others because the money is for the SBC.

Just a personal opinion though, Jimmy Draper makes WAY too much money for what he is doing.

2. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

C.S.

your church can do as it feels led, one of the reasons we are SBC! However, the missionaries we put in the field, and the number of missionaries we put in the field are dependent on our cooperative giving. as we teach our members, the tithe is just the beginning. The tithe is the OT law, to give beyond is liberty.

As I said before in this thread, the fundies won, the big prize was the seminaries and the missionaries - and the funding thereof. Now that they have won, it is thier privlidge to figure out how they are going to keep things going. If all the SBC churches follow your leadership we will see fewer SBC missionaries and seminaries.