1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

cops beating and torturing suspects...

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by pinoybaptist, Aug 19, 2010.

1. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guess some human beings clothed with authority cannot tell when their authority begins and when plain evil begins.

from denver, colorado (video)

they beat up a man walking his dogs who told somebody the cops pulled over for allegedly not doing a full stop at a stop sign that he (the dog walker) saw the man stop and is willing to testify in court. the cops apparently didn't like that.

In the Philippines, this officer had a repeat offender (a holdupper) in custody. he stripped this suspect down, tortured him, then tied his genitals with a string, and constantly pulled at the string, causing extreme pain to the suspect, who died of his injuries (according to mediamen) later that night. If this video had not surfaced, probably secretly taken by one of the cops who couldn't stomach the torture but couldn't confront the torturer because this guy was the station commander himself, the suspect would have been put into a sack and his body thrown into a river or a dumpster.

I have seen videos of Egyptian cops sodomizing a suspect with a baton, Brazilian cops shooting a handcuffed suspect dead, and some more videos of US cops torturing suspects.

I have a tendency to sympathize with men in uniform, because my father was a cop, a brother-in-law was a cop, three uncles were cops, and I tried my hand at being a cop for 2 years.

I would say that 98% of all cops anywhere in the world love the job, and do the job honestly and with integrity, but the very small minority....?

2. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

In any profession you will get the bad with the good. There are crooked cops, crooked judges, crooked lawyers (these three you should be able to trust, and even crooked ministers. Politicians (in my opinion) top the list of crooks.