1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church Damaged

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Martin, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    According to an article in Agape Press Dr D James Kennedy's Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church "sustained major damage" during Hurricane Wilma. According to the article the beautiful church building has suffered severe damage. The article states that "more than three-quarters of the roof has come off. Much of the sanctuary ceiling, large portions of it, have already come down on the pews...Coral Ridge Presbyterian's Sunday services are currently being held in the church's fellowship hall.". Maybe some on this forum were already aware of this serious situation but, if you were like me, you are not. This is certainly news to me. We should pray for, and help, Coral Ridge so they can return to their wonderful work(s). I have heard nothing about Knox Theological Seminary which, according to what I understand, is on the Coral Ridge campus. Maybe somebody on this forum who lives in that area can update us on the conditions.

Martin.

2. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

Its a shame.

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Visiting Coral Ridge is on my list of places to visit. If memory serves correctly, their fellowship hall used to be the old sancutary. I could be wrong. Does anyone have information on their pipe organ? Their Rufatti organ is one of the 100 largest church organs in the world at 117 ranks and 7000 pipes (number 63, I believe).

I will pray for the congregation.

Caveat: I encourage posters to refrain from debating Dr Kennedy in this thread, out of respect.

4. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    John, in a video tour, Kennedy said that the organ and pipes were not damaged by the storm. (61 digital ranks were added to the original 117 during a 2004 expansion.)

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I'm glad to hear that. Their organ is a priceless work of art that is irreplaceable (as are most organs of that magnitude).

6. tenor

tenor New Member

That organ is a fabulous instrument, especially when an extremely skilled organist is playing.

There's a reason the pipe organ is called the "King of the Instruemnts!"

7. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Amen, tenor!!!