1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cornerstone festival

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by Colin, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Colin

Colin New Member

As an aussi, can anyone enlighten me about the Cornerstone Festival?
    Thanks, Colin

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It's a Christian music festival that's held in July, I think, in Illinois. We went a bunch of years ago and I wasn't that impressed other than seeing a few of the bands that we liked. It seemed that since it was "edgier" - more of the alternative and heavy metal kind of rock at the time, there were a lot of people who did not display very Christian attitudes and behavior. There was a lot of s*x in tents that we knew the couples were not married (tents do not allow for any privacy so it was obvious what was going on), a LOT of cursing and quite a bit of rudeness. I had gone to Kingdom Bound, the Jesus festival and Creation a while back too and I liked those much more.

Not sure if you're familiar with the festival ideas but you camp out and there's a huge stage or a few where bands play. Kind of like Woodstock if you know about that.

I'd be happy to attend Creation and Kingdom Bound again but I'd not go back to Cornerstone.