1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Could Life exist on Mars?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Benjamin, Aug 6, 2012.

?
  1. Not a Chance

26.7%
  2. Highly Unlikely

30.0%
  3. I Don't Have a Clue and Have Nothng to Base My Guess On

6.7%
  4. Most likely...Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Why not, if All the Necessary Ingredients Exist are There

36.7%
  1. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    An interesting revelation after following NASA's activities over the years reflect that "ALL" of their launches are in accordance with the various degrees associated with the Masonic Lodge to include the alignment of planets, dates, beliefs, etc. None of their launch efforts exceed 33 degrees.

Well, some might chalk all this up to scientific reasons but we do know that there are atheist factions out there who consider themselves the elite while the rest of us are but consumers exhausting all of the natural resources of the planet which will ultimately affect them.

So, the effort to find a life sustainable planet elsewhere is in high gear hoping to find a safe haven for them while the rest of us will die off, the result of our own consumption.

Personally, I hope they do find a planet as I'd rather stay right here where the Lord put me.

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I agree that there is no precise statement, but I disagree that the teaching is not present. Everything is spelled out and everything with life is associated only with the earth and with the purpose of serving man. Everything focus' on man and earth. Even satan is only concerned with man and earth and must dethrone man. There simply is no room in the creation for life, much less reason, on other planets. The lights in the heavens and all life we see is to serve man not to be self serving or just to exist. Man is the center and reason for creation and the reason for every life form we have in the creation with the purpose of glorifying his creator. There is no biblical support or purpose for any kind of life in the universe outside of earth since man is only here.
    When man fell in the garden all creation was effected, Rom 8:22,23, and when God is finished with His plan for man this earth all creation will be destroyed 2Peter 3:10.

#42 freeatlast, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2012
  3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I don't agree. The creation account itself points to no life but here. I would point you to my previous post #42 for a more clear explanation.

4. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Agreed, unless someone can show me otherwise. That Scripture is silent on the matter means that any guess, for or against, is just that: speculation.

5. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Hence the scientific search. We must also question the motives for the search for life separate from our planet and solar system. Without a doubt, there would be many of atheist/agnostic flavor who would then tout their naturalistic arguments for the existence of life. What would (will?) be our response as believers if "life" is discovered and validated to be of non earth origin?

6. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Who are we to think we can identify all forms of life? I have no clue, but do think it's possible that there may be forms of life anywhere on anything created, and that it's also possible that we may not be able to recognize such even if it was in front of our faces. Perhaps there are some amazing creatures that exist on another dimension and they're crawling up our spines and licking our ears while we type on BB. :laugh: You know those weird sensations you get like there's a bug on you and you swipe and look and nothing is there? Yep. Bet your ear is feeling really weird right now, isn't it? ROFL

7. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Too much Sci-fi :laugh:

8. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    it would appear from the Bible that earth and especially humanity were his crowning creations, so that entire Universe has ONLY us as sentient beings...

Life itself would take a miracle of creation to start up, cannot evolve it anywhere else...

9. humblethinker

humblethinker Active Member

Good questions... Maybe we should answer that scripture is silent on extra-terrestrial -non-spiritual- life. I think it's a mistake to put all of our eggs of faith in the basket of creationism (of the anti-intellectual fundamentalist flavor), such that if the evidence makes it irrational to believe as we currently do then our acknowledgement of the evidence results in us abandoning our faith.

10. jonathan.borland

jonathan.borland Active Member

Do angels count?

11. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Interesting choice of words, for those in that group are some of the best/brightest scientific minds of today!

Could it be due to the fact we hold to the Bible as the source to document scientiic proofs/evidences through, and not be basing results on science first, squeezing the Bible to support it?

You do realise that for ANY kind of life to originate, there is NO scientific way for even that to happen on its own? that there must be a Creator, so IF there was life outside of earth, God would still have to had created/placed it there!

mankind was made in image of God, and God became a man to save us...

If sentient races live out there yonder, either they never sinned, or else they had their own "jesus" come to them...

I am a big Sci Fi fan, but rather would see humans as ONLY sentient race to exist in Universe, than have it according to Star Trek!

#51 Yeshua1, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2012
  12. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

The bible teaches life is in the blood. There is no life except on earth.

13. humblethinker

I'm afraid that it is all too often the case that they are an embarrassing lot for credible scientists that are Christians... maybe though it is the case that these kind are just more sensational. Can you name me some that you would consider would be the 'best/brightest scientific minds of today'?

Though there are philosophical arguements that address this topic, it seems to me that our first and most aparrant beliefs are obtained through experience. Why should I believe something that is antithetical to what is experienced? It is not necessary that God is antithetically 'other' than what we experience. While it may actually be the case, the onus is on the one who says that reality is actually 'other' than what what we experience.

Yes, I agree, God is the creator. I don't think there are other sentient life forms besides man created in this universe so I'm referring to non-sentient life forms (bacteria, etc.).

14. humblethinker

Does bacteria have blood?

15. Andy_S

Andy_S Member

I would think it was likely. I never like to 'limit' the creativity of God. We should always remember that there is far, far more to nature than we can know or comprehend with our human senses.

16. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Where exactly in Scripture do you base this on?

17. Andy_S

Andy_S Member

This is one of those things I find so hard to accept.

18. humblethinker

I agree.

I disagree. If it is natural then why wouldn't we be able to know or comprehend it? What if God were to explain it to us? Maybe it's a semantics thing since I don't think that we can know anything with our 5 senses (taste, touch, see, hear, smell). For us to 'know' something sensed by these five the 'knowledge' must be obtained through our reason. I think I would instead say, "There is nothing in nature that we can not know or comprehend." I don't think scripture or reason would invalidate that claim would it?

19. Andy_S

Andy_S Member

Well, it could be justifiably argued that we can't really grasp, say, quantum physics or relativity. They are two very strange phenomena indeed, and it is hard for us to truly understand them as they lie so far outside our human reason and, indeed, would appear to be counter-intutive and even a little mad. Sometimes we have to accept that we don't have all the answers.

20. humblethinker

I agree with all you said here. I think it is the case that up to this point and it seems all points in the forseeable future that we will have to accept that we don't have all the answers. But I do think that all the answers are there to be had. If this is the case then it truly adds much more anticipation and excitement to life.