1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Could this be the stone?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by aefting, Jul 17, 2004.

1. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I thought that many didn't like contemporary music because of the repititious lyrics but that service takes the cake.

When a group of people follow a man rather than Jesus you get such loyal ignorance. Imagine wasting so much time on such nonsense rather than teaching the scripture. The total time was 14:36 with 13:27 just on the song, imagine that! Never once did I ever hear Jesus proclaimed.

NOTHING BUT TRANSLATION WORSHIP.

2. michelle

michelle New Member

--------------------------------------------------
    Michelle, I've yet to meet am MVO. Enlighten us, please.

Then say "Hello" to yourself and many otherse here on this debate board.

love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

3. michelle

michelle New Member

When a group of people follow a man rather than Jesus you get such loyal ignorance. Imagine wasting so much time on such nonsense rather than teaching the scripture. The total time was 14:36 with 13:27 just on the song, imagine that! Never once did I ever hear Jesus proclaimed.

And just what man/men are they following? Please enlighten us? What man/men are they focusing their worship on?

Love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I am certain it was mesmerizing to those singing. A mild case of hynosis.

5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Never heard the name of Jesus once. Did you? Jesus never once talked about the number of translations available then. It was never an issue with Him nor Paul nor any of the NT or OT writers.

Bible worship is a man made doctrine.

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

How can you judge rsr or anyone else as MVO??? I doubt there is anyone here who questions the importance of the KJV as a sound, accurate translation of the scriptures.

You amaze me michelle with your school of logic. You regularly redefine all the boundries of what is logical.

7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe what michelle means is that the MVers of this board want MV's ONLY to the exclusion of the KJV. Even this is not true, but, no MV supporter that I know of believes in the pious Urban Legends of "second-inspiration" and/or "advanced revelation" (unless the are Latin Vugate Only).

HankD

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Does anyone who supports the use of a modern version reject the KJV?

9. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

None that I know of.

10. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Give us some facts instead of emotional jargon.

11. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I don't think is much chance of michelle giving any proof or evidence for her charges - "Go look it up yourself" is her standard answer.

12. michelle

michelle New Member

You amaze me michelle with your school of logic. You regularly redefine all the boundries of what is logical.

And you all amaze me with your human logic over and above that of faith and God given common sense.

How can you judge rsr or anyone else as MVO??? I doubt there is anyone here who questions the importance of the KJV as a sound, accurate translation of the scriptures.

By the same way you judge me and others. I know there are those who question the importance of the KJV as sound, and accurate, for if they actually did believe this, they would not, and could not stand for the mv's. This is how many of you are mv onlites. All of God's pure and accurate word is not found in the mv's that has been shown to you and many others over and over again. But you all turn a blind eye, or excuse it away. You have in reality and truth, no final authority.

michelle

13. michelle

michelle New Member

Give us some facts instead of emotional jargon.

The same goes for you. Give me some solid fact instead of emotional jargon and rhetorical questions that you and everyone else here knows cannot be proven to your satisfaction, and is the straw man that you all construct to tear down. The KJVO side has given you all much evidence, proof and scriptural support for their stance, yet all you can come up with is rhetoric and unbelief in God's promises. You all approach it with the eyes of men, rather than through the mind of Christ. Not one person that debates for the mv side EVER GLORIFIES THE LORD through their defense, but only glorifying of man and man's logic and fallibility, totally missing the point and the power and providence of God Almighty over his word and regarding his word. In fact, God's promise of preserving his pure words, for every generation is mocked and scorned, and worst yet, even denied that it is even a promise. This is NOT GLORIFYING OUR PRECIOUS AND MERCIFUL LORD, but DENYING THE POWER and PROMISES OF HIM. IT really comes down to the fact that many are sadly calling God a liar, not in words, but by their denial of this.

michelle

14. michelle

michelle New Member

I don't think is much chance of michelle giving any proof or evidence for her charges - "Go look it up yourself" is her standard answer.

The proof and the evidence has been given to you all many, many times, and by many people, however you choose to ignore it, or excuse it away. You should look it up for yourself, and you might start with using the scriptures as your standard to go by rather than your own human logic and reasoning.

michelle

15. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Told you.

All I want is one bit of scriptural evidence for your view.

[ July 25, 2004, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: C4K ]

16. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Absolutely not!

17. michelle

michelle New Member

Does anyone who supports the use of a modern version reject the KJV?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, by way of their saying it has errors in it in order to justify or excuse away the obvious errors in the mv's that are pointed out to them at the expense of scripture that God has already preserved. The errors they claim are in the KJB, reject the preserved words or verses of scripture that God has clearly preserved. You either have God's pure and infallible word for your final authority, or you don't. You either believe every word, and every verse of scripture is the pure word of God preserved for you, or you don't. If you don't, then you make of yourself your own judge as to what is, or is not the words of God, rather than believing and trusting what God has already done.

michelle

18. NaasPreacher (C4K)

...and who gives anyone the right or ability to judge the KJV alone as that final authority?

What if I beleive that God was done with the Geneva Bible?

19. michelle

michelle New Member

Told you.

All I want is one bit of scriptural evidence for your view.

Told you. See you chose to IGNORE IT. It has been given to you by myself and others, many times before.

The proof and the evidence has been given to you all many, many times, and by many people, however you choose to ignore it, or excuse it away. You should look it up for yourself, and you might start with using the scriptures as your standard to go by rather than your own human logic and reasoning.

michelle

20. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Maybe I am just stupid - could you give me ONE verse to support your view that the KJV is God's only Bible?