1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Could use some prayer (and scripture helps)...

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Scarlett O., Jul 1, 2020.

1. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hard to say, but..........I've been under a heavy spiritual attack in the past few days.

For the past 15 days, I've been praying a prayer for our nation similar to Daniel in chapter 9 where he spent 21 days praying and confessing the sins of the people.

I've broken up "the people" into groups. Each day I add another group to my prayer list [i.e., my entire extended family, black people, white people. homosexuals, non-believers, pastors, politicians left and right....etc] So far, I have 20 groups. God literally places a group each day in my mind and heart to put on the list. Of course, as I am in a lot of the groups....I confess my sins, too.

I've been in my Bible a lot more, too. I've been reading more deeply and taking notes and making a topical index.

Of course, I know when one prays and reads more intently....spiritual attacks can come in.

Well, they've come in like a tsunami. I spent a sleepless night wrestling with the fact that this is an attack and I have stupid enough not to see it.. I have found myself saying, doing, and thinking things that I don't want to.

I could use some prayer and some discernment.

• Prayers Prayers x 5
  2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You will be in my prayers.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello Scarlett, I admire what you're doing, it's very selfless of you. I've never attempted such a feat. Maybe it's time now for you to take a break and return to the physical plane. Interact face to face, talk, fellowship with some human beings. I think that's what you need. I'll pray for you.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Know that what your praying about is not as much the issue as is the fact that you are spending do much time in prayer. Your struggle may be the enemy trying to distract and discourage you.

The answer is more prayer when the weight
    Understand that the issue for the enemy isnt so much what you are praying for but that you are praying. The difficulties are given to distract and discourage you.

I have learned over the years in ministry that the enemy likes to cause fires for you to put out so you will get distracted. Sometimes we need to leave the worst fires for God to put out and keep on doing ministry as we have been called.

If the enemy is coming against you do strongly something you are doing has him concerned. Keep on keepin on!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I recently preached a message titled "Prayer is Powerful"
    May I share this part of the message with you.

I What is Prayer: James 4:8 tells us: “Come near to God, and he will come near to you. What better assurance is there then to know that the Lord is in our presence! You see, Prayer is our direct line with Heaven. Prayer is a communication process that allows us to talk to God! He wants us to communicate with him. Just as we desire for our children talk to us.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sister, if in a sleepless situation, I know of no biblical rule against arising and continuing in prayer, study, reading, singing.
    And then there are these in the midst of key psalms:

"I remembered my songs in the night." (Psalm 77:6a)

"By day the Lord directs his love, at night his song is with me—a prayer to the God of my life." (Psalm 42:8)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks all so much. I am truly grate for the prayers and wisdom.