1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Covenant Eyes is determined to be Malware

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Piper, Oct 5, 2022.

1. Piper

Piper Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin

Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Also use it and have used it for almost a decade. It works perfectly to track a person's activity on a computer and give a report to the accountability partner.

As with things like guns, vehicles, tractors, airplanes, etc anything can be used for purposes it's not intended and that is the result of sin and evil and we will have to deal with that aspect that until Christ returns, reaps all evil and unbelievers from the world and trods them underfoot.

3. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I used it a number of years ago, but it conflicted with a number of applications I used for my job. Due to the problems with its software configuration I had to remove it, but the process of removal was multistep. While the concept of what it does is valuable to deterring sinful web activity, it certainly did function as a malware devise that caused significant problems to me doing my job.
    If you don't work with multiple software programs in your business, you may be perfectly fine with covenant eyes. When you must use company software on your devise, then covenant eyes can function as a malware or invasive tool that hinders computer functionality. I can understand why Google playstore or Apple store would remove it from their services as the only possible way of removing it (many years back) was a series of procedures that you had to do via the covenant eyes support team.
    My guess is that you can still go to their website to download the app if you wish. I would not blame Google for removing the app, however.

4. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I used it profitably while we were in Japan, but when we came back to the States 8 years ago I began teaching where the college has excellent blocking of problem sites. I have a flip phone, so the phone is no problem, and we eschew having WIFI at home; don't want it, don't need it.

However, I had Covenant Eyes on my Kindle, and it interfered quite often with other software. I was not able to remove it--very irritating. It's still on the Kindle, but I only use that at home with no WIFI, so CE just lurks in the background now.

5. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. VDMA

VDMA Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    While I am not a fan of Covenant Eyes (the filtering is good but I think there are better options and approaches) it most certainly does not qualify as malware.