1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Covenant Theology is Not Replacement Theology

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by ReformedBaptist, Mar 31, 2009.

1. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

It stands because you accuse the OP author and myself of playing games. WHich means malicous intent and a disrespect for important theology. Prove it mitchell, or concede the point.

2. ReformedBaptist

Obviously mitch, this "try not to get sidetracked by disagreeing with the theology and see the point of the article" was too difficult for you.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did in fact pove it. You focused on your attempt to be sensationalistic instead of the whole of what I said. When reformed folks consistently work to present other views of being ignorant of their views it is an attack and a slap in the face. It is a debate tactic used to deflect opposing views.

4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is an absurd statement. Every detail of this issue is theology. If you are going to address why the issue op is wrong then you have to address theology. Otherwise all that is left is to agree. How slick.

5. ReformedBaptist

Discussion with you is pointless. You just can't stop falsely accusing your brethren from bad motives.

Next.

6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will be glad to when reformed brethren stop falsely accusing their brethren of being ignorant of their views. The implication is just as offensive. But I see you did not address anything else. Only one small point.

7. ReformedBaptist

Mitchell, you already came in with your attack. I was surprised by it. Your original reply was an attack. In my opinion, you become offended by the author who disagrees with your theology and what you have taught, and just reacted. That's why I am not replying to you. I don't think reasoned, honest, humble discussion is possible with you at this point.

8. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know. You are trying to make my posts about things other than what I posted. Every time you call our opposing view weird, or our view of the reformed view ignorant, which is quite common, it is equally offensive. And this thread began talking about the view of each others view long before I started.

Your opinion is based on what reason? You have nothing to base if on accept your offense. It is most likely your reaction.

You must mean it is why you ignore the substance of my post, because you have in fact replied. If you want to start with honesty you should acknowledge that what I say is in fact correct, that reformed folks do accuse those who disagree with them of being ignorant of their doctrine as quite common. Nothing is humble about accusing ignorance as a practice.

9. ReformedBaptist

This is, again, another reason why discussion the subject with you is fruitless. Until you can get a mind of think better of your brethren, you will always start with a prejudiced view.

10. Pastor David

Pastor David Member
    Site Supporter

Covenant Theology is much more of a "Type/Antitype" or "Physical/Spiritual" or even "Promise/Fulfilment" theology than a Replacement model. Rather than the Church replacing Israel as God's people, CT views the Church as the culmination, the fulfillment of it.

I hope this helps.

11. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member