1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured COVID-19 and the Smoke of Satan

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Aaron, Nov 21, 2021.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/11/covid19_and_the_smoke_of_satan.html

For several years until only recently, I resided in the great city of London. I was there when Imperial College terrorized the world with a projected 3.5-percent infection fatality rate for COVID-19, after which the British prime minister, followed by a hapless American president and leaders around the world, decided to lock healthy people in their homes indefinitely. I was there when the archbishop of Canterbury and the Catholic bishops of Britain pleaded with the government to close the churches. I was there when the Church of England forbade its priests to answer the urgent call of the NHS for additional volunteer chaplains to minister to the sick and dying, for fear that soothing and saving those dying souls might endanger the mortal lives of those priests. It was then that I knew that this was no ordinary crisis, nor was it "about a virus."

But nothing approaches the whopper told by the archbishop of Canterbury and his corollaries in the Catholic Church that by starving Christ's flock of the bread of heaven and the comfort of their shepherds, we are "loving our neighbor." If we cannot detect the smoke of Satan in that statement, we have lost something far more important than our sense of smell, and we are in danger of something far greater than COVID-19.

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Two Wings

Two Wings Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    dude's reference to the eucharist is a bubble off ... but hey, no one is perfect. :)

I've shared this article deep/wide. Nice find. I like a lot of the American Thinker articles, but I usually am referred to 'em. This rates in the top 10%. Thanks Aaron.

• Like Like x 2
  4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nothing new.

"Critics of vaccination have taken a variety of positions, including opposition to the smallpox vaccine in England and the United States in the mid to late 1800s, and the resulting anti-vaccination leagues; as well as more recent vaccination controversies such as those surrounding the safety and efficacy of the diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis (DTP) immunization, the measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccine, and the use of a mercury-containing preservative called thimerosal."

History of Anti-vaccination Movements | History of Vaccines

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist
    right ..."this vax is no different from previous. "

Roger copy.

6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Each vaccine is different but speaking in general these really isn't.

There were over 200 covid vaccines developed with 52 making it to human trials. We currently have 25 different covid vaccinations and 4 different types of vaccines. In the US we have 3 vaccines and two types.

The reason people reject covid vaccines has nothing to do with science as evidenced by the practice of lumping all of them as "the vaccine" and everything to do with fear. The idea is we would not be the ones to die, therefore all of the vaccines are frightening and unnecessary.

Vaccines of the past were at one time new and feared by many.

7. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist
    there's good reason to fear this vax. really good reason.

but I'll take one in 2076 as you offered me in another thread! ;)

8. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wouldn't say "fear", but there are good reasons to be cautious about every vaccination as none are without risk.

It is up to each person to weigh the risks-benefits of any vaccination against the risks associated with the virus.

Winner buys. I'll buy you a cup of coffee in 2076 if you get he shot. You buy money if you don't. :Thumbsup

• Like Like x 1
  9. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist

You said it right here, Jon. LOL.

money for nothing, but the chicks were free??? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    AMEN, AMEN, & AMEN!!!!

The very fact of the dems etc pushing so dogmatically for everybody to get vaxed is reason enough to resist.
    I could accept the urging to get vaxed, but when the next logical step is “gun to your head” demand, I simply do not trust these yo-yos to do ANYTHING for the good of any but themselves.!?:Mad:Mad

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nice :Thumbsup

• Like Like x 1
  12. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You should call the police.

Uness you are in the military they cannot force you (the reg. that allowes forced vaccinations for the military was updated by the Trump Administration, and the military hasn't used it to force shots even though they can).

• Like Like x 1
  13. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist
    the ... CONCERN ... of the cv vax side effects are sufficient to render a significant consideration for folks who must maintain an aerospace medical certificate.

Really splitting hairs on terminology ... forced/coerced ... with almost ZERO consideration for the effect of the cv vax in an aerospace environment. (FAA says pilot must wait 48 hours to return to flight operations)

These mandates have resulted in folks taking the cv jab who otherwise would NOT have done so --- and for good reason. It cannot be overstated flight crews have been working quite successfully with this pestilence for two years, now.

And suddenly there's a need to mandate compliance? For what purpose? individual health? public health? or something else?

"i'll take 'something else' for $500, Alex" as flight crews have already demonstrated they can continue to work without endangering the public or themselves/each other.

Sure ... the lockdowns reduced the exposures, but flight crews were exposed more than medical personnel for the first 3 months of this thing ... and yet not a SINGLE revenue flight was lost at any of the big carriers due to a covid increased sick list --- including Christmas, bowl games, etc in Dec '20

The virus isn't nothing, but it's not NEARLY what it's been portrayed. It'd be even less if our mainstream medical treatment was consistent with virtually every other illness/ailment; treat it ASAP, but this one got "aw, go home, you'll be OK"

"something else for $500" indeed. I'm not alleging every PCP is part of a conspiracy, but CONSISTENTLY "wait and see" has been the first and sometimes even the second prescription.

Perhaps "wait and see" was legit at some point, but by May '20, we had plenty of alternatives which should have been used at the onset of symptoms. We'd still have a LOT of people with us today if that'd have happened. Of course, then we wouldn't have had an emergency mask mandate and reason for a harried mRNA coronavirus vax.

"something else for $500" Double Jeopardy????

• Winner Winner x 3
  14. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Like Like x 1
  15. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    They ate. The prospect of myocarditis (rare with the Moderna vacvine but less rare with the covid virus) is a concern. While easily treatable and a concern for the younger group this can't be ignored.

Still, nobody is forcing vaccinations.

Choices have consequences and these must be weighed....whether consequences getting g a shot or rejecting one.

16. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    JWP sez: " ---I could accept the urging to get vaxed, but when the next logical step is “gun to your head” ---"
    Interesting how you totally ignored the context of "next logical step"

'Sides, the police will be the ones enforcing if/when the "gun to your head" situation occurs!!!!!!!:Frown:Mad:Rolleyes

17. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh....I see. Then you ate wrong. The next logical step is not to force people to get vaccinated by gunpoint.

The logical conclusion is this vaccine, if mandated, will be similar to other vacvines that were mandated.

The next logical step would be to actually mandate that the general public be vaccinated.

After that, the next logical step would be to impose fines for those who ignore the mandate.

18. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist
    requirements based in politics does not good policy make. That is this. From university mandates to carreer jobs.

Technically you’re right but its as profitable as saying “dont need to provide your SSN but if you dont, no soup for you”

you are a purist on the term, but weak on the pragmatic result.

It is a mandate. Period. And its being reviewed because it IS unconstitutional

19. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are assuming requirements are based on politics. For some it may be. For others it may not be.

It is part of the Biden EO to businesses with 100+. The mandate, however, does not force vaccinations.

The next logical step in the mind of anti-covid-vaxers should be actually mandating vaccines to the general public, not sending enforcers out with guns.

20. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    (scratches head)

But my post and the article wasn't about the vax.

• Like Like x 2