1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured COVID-19 and the Smoke of Satan

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Aaron, Nov 21, 2021.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I shoulda learned to play the guitar.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Two Wings

Two Wings Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mea culpa too. I got drug into the cv vax mess. Oye.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin

Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree, no one is forcing the vaccine on anyone. They're just threatening to take away your ability to feed yourself, your family, possibly take away your kids, remove you from the public square and take away your freedom of speech. I mean it's not force, people have a CHOICE to obey or starve.

I'm actually working on creating a decree from my kingly throne up here in my holler. Anyone with a username on Baptist Board of JonC will face a daily fine of $800,000 U.S Dollars. I'm certainly not forcing anyone named JonC to change their name. You have the choice to keep it and pay $800,000 a day. Choices have consequences and if you choose not to obey my whims then you're the one starving yourself, not me!

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You might say 'ol slewfoot is blowing smoke somewhere and folks are getting more than their ears tickled.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. Some employers are making vaccinations a requirement, others are not. I agree there are some who feel they are entitled to work for a company on their terms, but those people are wrong.

If you decided your employees (make or female) had to wear a dress I would respect your decision. I would not try to take away your freedom to decide on a uniform policy. I would quit. Since I am not lazy I would find another job. I would not starve.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No they're not. Employers are doing anything at all. The Government is telling employers what to do, and you're supporting it.

Unless you'd like to argue that $14,000 fine per day, per employee is "freedom"?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are mistaken. I'm not supporting anything. I already posted that the executive order requiring businesses with 100+ employees to either test for covid or require vaccinations is government overreach.

My objection is to those who want to take away the rights of businesses to make their own decisions about vaccinations. As it stands, they have historically had this right. The anti-covid-vaxers want to strip it away from business owners.

You are also wrong about the fine. While I think the order is wrong if it stands the employer can test employees rather than be charged a fine. A test is much cheaper than $14,000/ day for each employee (it's about $10.71 a day).

8. Two Wings

Two Wings Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    IDK what 10% is ... but 87 million is a significant portion of our workforce ... and particularly of our skilled workforce.

The govt mandate is a farce ... based upon a self-indulging motive; the govt must increase and I must decrease.

That ANY entity is mandating this cv vax reveals a lack of understanding ... or nefarious intent. Neither are good.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And the sooner the average "Joe" realizes this fact, the better off the country as a whole will be; that is unless "Joe" takes too long to wake up!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    https://www.americanthinker.com/blo...gious_institutions_failed_the_covid_test.html

In the past, during plagues and wars, priests and rabbis ministered to the frightened, the sick, and the dying. (That’s the kind of thing we history majors know.) Now, though, because of a virus that, for most people under 60, has a mortality rate hovering around 1%, lonely, frightened people are being deprived of the consolation of faith and the emotional benefits of community.

I’m not surprised that leftist-run governments have seized on COVID as an excuse to shut down religious institutions. Since the Enlightenment and the separation of church and state in Western countries, statists have always considered traditional faiths to threaten their power. Lenin, Hitler, Mao, and every other leftist dictator has targeted the Judeo-Christian faiths that state eternal moral principles separate from totalitarian power systems and that support nuclear families and courage. (Religious people know that they answer to a high power than the dictator.)

What’s been so disheartening during the past 20 months is the willingness with which religious institutions have gone along with the states’ mandates.

• Agree Agree x 1