1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Covid Faith

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Hannahande, Aug 18, 2021.

1. graciecat

graciecat Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    OMY, lot are already arguing in this thread. Well, just to share my thoughts, be kind to Yourself and Others and have Faith. Try reaching out to relatives and friends who are isolated or in need will boost their spirits and yours.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    upload_2021-8-26_4-57-9.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Hannahande

Hannahande Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My uncle died because of J&J vaccine, it triggered his heard condition and died instantly. My unvaccinated neighbor died also because of COVID. Given the two situations, what is the right thing to do? Be vaccinated or not? Of course, in this battle, I'm always putting my trust on God and I keep on holding on even if everything is unclear.

4. Hannahande

Hannahande Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What's your stand about children below 17 years old being vaccinated? Do they deserve to be given these shots?

5. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You speak with forked tongue. You have called out people by name, continuously, maybe not in this thread, but there are many incidences. You respond, as a moderator, privately, in threads that you are involved in. That is what people are referring to about you wearing the moderator badge. Funny, when I look at who is online, your name is invisible, you must have special powers, as I see other staff when they are on, strange. I suppose saying that alone will get me ‘points’, or worse. Let me just pull an Epstein for a moment, to all of my friends here, I am not suicidal, heh.
    You dominate the board, always being the top poster. It looks like Jon’s Baptist Board. I have said it before, you do not embody the role of what a moderator should be. You never will. You are not capable. If you cared about this venue, you would remove yourself & continue along like the rest of us. Cheers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    There isn't a right or wrong. We look at the risks and benefits and make an educated choice.

As Chrustiabs we are comforted in the fact God is in control. I will die when God determines I will die....vaccinated or unvaccinated. My life is in His hands.

At the same time our choices do matter.

I think of Paul's shipwreck. Before the trip God told Paul that the ship would wreck but no lives would be lost. When the storm occurred Paul told the crew that IF the sailors left the boat then they would all die.

God bring in control does not mean our choices do not matter. It means the opposite (we can make our choices with the assurance God us in control).

Presently the dominating worldly position is the anti-vax position. This does not mean the pro-vaxers are right, but the anti-vaxers are spreading misinformation (deliberately). That is wrong.

When people died of blood clots (with the JJ vaccine) the vaccine was pulled for assessment. They recognized there could be an issue. (I don't know what became if the evakuation....I did not keep up). So these reactions are not some evil plot.

But almost every thread posted on the BB opposed to vaccinations has been misinformation. The last one was about the delta varient resulting in a higher viral load in Breakthrough cases. BUT it only used that part of the study (it ignored less vaccinated people were dying of the varient, that it concluded the vaccinecwas 90% effective, etc ). And a Christian posted the propaganda.

That is the issue.

7. SGO

SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Thanks for making it all my fault.

8. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are more than welcome.

9. SGO

SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are an immoderate mod.

#69 SGO, Sep 4, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Wingman68

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I apologize for any part I had in hijacking your thread. That was not my intent, but it got away from me.

11. SGO

SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Me too.

12. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    ??? You said thanks. I said you are welcome.

Does it make you feel better to insult me?

Do you believe it makes you look more godly to insult another human being?

Does it make you feel bigger to try and hurt other people?

Or does it make you feel stronger to try to injure a brother?

Do you think that insulting me - trying to cause me some type of harm - is a witness of your faith to other people who may wander onto this site?

13. SGO

SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Did you see where I apologized to the OP for hijacking?
    No.
    Please go the the thug thread to make me the bad guy.
    Just a thuggestion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. I am glad you apologized to the OP.

But I do not think you are a bad guy.

I never said you are a bad guy.

I was just asking if it made you feel better to insult me. I take it the answer is "yes", and that is fine. Have at it. I am not so important as to be offended by your attacks.

Jesus died for me, and my sin against God was far greater than you trying to harm me. So I have nothing to complain about because Christ saved me when I did not deserve saving.

But my questions remain -

Why does it make you feel better to insult me?

Do you believe it makes you look more godly to insult another human being?

Does it make you feel bigger to try and hurt other people?

Or does it make you feel stronger to try to injure a brother?

Do you think that insulting me - trying to cause me some type of harm - is a witness of your faith to other people who may wander onto this site?

You do not owe me an answer. You are you, and you are not accountable to me. But perhaps those questions are something you should ask yourself-

Why do you post to hurt another person?

15. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christians can have faith throughout covid. Our choices may have consequences, but we are safely in God's hands.

I wish Christians applied the zeal they give their covid-vaccine opinions to sharing the love of Christ and His gospel with the world.

16. Wingman68

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Blah blah blah…..Last word……blah blah blah…Christian card….blah blah blah….a brother shouldn’t…..blah blah blah…..of course, no apology from the teflon one. It’s a shame when one has all the answers, life gets boring then, for them & those around them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I do have the answers. But they are not mine alone. Christians can rest in the assurance that God has them. They belong to him. We should not live in fear but walk by faith. We should not become entangled by the affairs of this world.

Deciding between vaccination or not is a very simple choice. Look at the facts, decide, and continue with your life.

We CAN have faith in God through the pandemic regardless of our choices. We ARE secure in Him, even if our choices lead to physical death we will be with Christ. We cannot lose because He has already won. Use covid as an opportunity to witness to others - to share the gospel- to show them the love of Christ.

You call this "the Christian card". But the reason you will find people on this board with faith is that we ARE Christians. You will ALWAYS get the "Christian card" when discussing issues with Christians. The reason is we do have faith in all circumstances (we do not save our Christianity for church services).

Philippians 4:4–7. Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

But you are wrong that faith makes things boring. Living with fear opens up more room for much more interesting things.

18. Wingman68

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And he’s off, around the far turn in record time. He more than doubles everyone in posts. He heads for the wire, declares himself the winner, & lives happily ever after, or does he? He preaches Christianity but only acknowledges Christians who walk in his steps. The rest here seem to be not Christian to him, you know fake or something, not good enough at any rate. I’m good with that, he will not judge me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah.....resorting to false accusations and ad hominem.

I do not think most I disagree with are fake Christians. I do believe some are - but not because I disagree with them.

One's position on a vaccine or virus says nothing about one's faith. One's treatment of other people does.

20. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That last sentence is what concerns me about you.

• Agree Agree x 1