1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COVID Is Not Fun...

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by RipponRedeaux, Dec 2, 2021.

1. RipponRedeaux

RipponRedeaux Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    . ..not that I ever thought it would be.
    Thanks to the local manifestation of the Body of Christ, I am bearing up under it all. When my physical, mental and spiritual strength returns, possibly weeks from now --I will have more to say.

• Prayers Prayers x 9
  2. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, my friend, do not give into the desire that usually comes to let it overcome you.

My heart plea to the Almighty God is for any believer who suffers, but more so for those I regard as faithful brothers such as you.

Keep us informed and may you have an unusual awareness of His presence, preservation, and peace!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Get well soon, old friend, and remember, 'a merry heart does good, like medicine.'

• Like Like x 2
  4. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I had it last year, was hospitalized eight nights, with six in ICU. Praise the Lord I didn’t have to go on the vent, but if I had waited another night or two to go to the ER, I may not be typing this. I’d went a week earlier and everything came back negative. A week later an X-ray showed lower left love pneumonia. A couple days later it was double pneumonia and positive for COVID, after four negatives earlier. It took me close to two months to get over it. I was off work for 27 days.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Father, I pray for my Brother’s healing. Give him strength to get through this. Bless his family to be safe from this as well. In the name of Jesus I pray, amen.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Two Wings

Two Wings Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Get well soon.

Consider www.budesonideworks.com as a treatment.

I personally know dozens who’ve done this and they’ve fully recovered. IDK if it’s a “magic bullet” ... but I don’t think the protocol has lost anyone yet.

May have to claim bronchitis to get the script filled locally ... the website has options.

You are lifted up right now.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Protestant

Protestant Well-Known Member

Brother Tim: My thoughts and prayers are with you. Having suffered through Covid for weeks this past summer I commiserate with your sufferings. It was by far the worst time of my life. Praise the Lord it was not my time to leave and be with the Lord, nor do I believe it is yours. The Lord has much important work for you to do.... preaching, educating, edifying, encouraging, challenging and rebuking.... all to the glory of God! Recovery takes time, but there IS light at the end of the tunnel! Your brother in Christ thankful for your God ordained ministry, (frequently served up with a keen sense of humor), Rand (aka ICONBUSTERS).

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So sorry to hear this. We are praying for you, brother.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A number of people in my church have had Covid in the past year. Most have recovered. Two of our elderly are in heaven. God has you in his hand. May his daily grace abound to you as your body works to stave off the enemy.
    Peace

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    May the LORD comfort you and your family in this time of illness and restore you to your much needed health is my prayer... Brother Glen:)

• Like Like x 3
  11. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    sorry to hear that. I had it back in Jan. It lasted about 3 weeks had pneumonia with it. Was mainly tired and lacked energy. Felt bad in a way I couldn’t hardly describe

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I got vaxed and missed out on it so far. But God is merciful and as scripture often says "and it came to pass". The same is true of our suffering, it came to pass.

13. RipponRedeaux

Faith:
    Baptist
    "It came to pass" simply means "at that time."

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. RipponRedeaux

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, here is my update. I think I'm around 95% of what I was. (Actually 30 pounds lighter.). It's my opinion that I didn't have COVID at all. I didn't have fever or chills. I didn't have diarrhea or vomiting. I didn't have a runny nose or sneezes. At most, I had an occasional light cough.
    I did have bodily weakness and the need to sleep more often. I had an aversion to food. For more than ten days all I had was water (tea), oranges and applesauce.
    I also had a slight case of pneumonia.
    I took no medicines for anything. I just continued my intake of supplements --Quercetin, Zinc, Vitamin D3, Vitamin C etc.
    I got the "thing" -- whatever the thing was, on Nov. 21. I went to a clinic on the 26th. An internist tried to stick that thing way up my nostril. I didn't let him. "The test results" showed that I tested positive for COVID. I don't think so. First of all, I do not trust the validity of the PCR tests, and neither did the inventor --Kary Mullis. He had said it should not be used for diagnostic purposes.
    I'm grateful to my church family. I also got a glimpse of my mortality and long to be in Heaven with my Savior.

• Like Like x 3
  15. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It came = it always existed but arrived on time.

16. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Glad you are feeling better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. RipponRedeaux

Faith:
    Baptist
    I appreciate that JonC.