1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Covington Theological Seminary

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Pastor Timothy, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

If training is your main goal then you might be interested in taking courses from the Biblical Training Center.They are FREE,they are seminary level.You learn what you are supposed to learn. they have courses taught by men who are actively teaching at Gordon-Connwel and South eastern Baptist Seminary as well as 1st year greek by Mounce.You can find them at:
    http://www.biblicaltraining.org

When you are done with them I have a few other places you can learn from who use proffesors from accredited schools.Paidagogos is the brother on the board who turned me on to these schools and I have been busy taking courses online( that is why you all seldom hear from me lately).

Anyhow my best to your seeking of knowledge.:godisgood:

#21 Plain Old Bill, Mar 17, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2007
  2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Well said and worth saying. I do believe Columbia Evangelical Seminary to be every bit as credible and rigorous as Whitefield. I believe their honesty regarding their accreditation speaks volumes.

3. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

4. Lagardo

Lagardo New Member

That's a great resource. Thanks for posting it!

5. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

The one Paidagogos gives is even better.:godisgood:

6. Michael L Smith

Michael L Smith New Member

Faith:
    Baptist

It is very funny to constantly see all of the elitist haters that want to slam any school they deem of not having the proper prestige. Like many (any?) conservitive, non-state government accredited schools? It really comes down to what your expectations are. All distance learning schools are easy to scam. You are only going to get out of these programs what you put into them. You really need to ask your self what you are looking to get out of it. I have close friends that did both Luther Rice, and San Diego, when I was doing Covington. All of us comparing our stuff side by side, my study material was far superior to either of them. And, unlike either of them, Theologically, Covington is almost exclusively Dallas Theologically Seminary based. In my opinion, you can’t get better than that.

If you are lacking in personal work ethic, and/or integrity, Covington is not the school for you. It is structured toward those who are looking for real knowledge, and professional skills, for a life of work in the ministry. Please do not consider Covington if you want to slide by, and just rely on the prestigious name of your school. If so, stick to the Convention schools for your advancement path.