1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cowboys look – dare I say it – super

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by KenH, Sep 24, 2007.

1. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Orton was the QB on the 13-3 team, but can he rightfully be called the leader? Dunno. Rex was the QB in the loss to the Panthers, but that loss wasn't his fault by any stretch. That loss was the fault of a defense that couldn't keep its mouth shut around Steve Smith, who torched them for 3 TD's. All week the sentiment was, "Get us 21 points, Rex, and the defense will win." Rex did get 21, but the D gave up 29. :BangHead:

I think there are 2 problems for Rex to overcome.

#1, he lost the team. The team stopped believing in his ability to win games. Ultimately, I think this is why Lovie benched him. If the team has lost faith in the QB, they won't win.

#2, defenses adjusted to him, but he didn't adjust to what they were doing. Maybe Rex's lack of playing time due to injuries helped him in those first 6 games last year, because defenses didn't really know how to beat him. Once they figured it out, Rex has been unable to make the necessary adjustments. And, since he was so good in those first 6 games, the bar was set very high and unmet expectations are not easily handled.

The 2nd problem can be worked through, but the 1st one really can't. I fear that Rex has become a headcase and getting out of Chicago may be the only thing he can do to salvage his career.