1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Crazy George?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Daisy, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Daisy

Daisy New Member

I thought he was merely stupid, but this gives me pause, this interesting editorial from the UK:
    Does he have impaired reasonning? Is that why they keep him from hearing any dissent?

2. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Yeah, it's a really good idea to get your information about American political figuresd from the UK. Way to go.

3. Pete

Pete New Member

I can't put it any better than Dubya himself...."This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."

Maybe half-choked himself on too many pretzels? [​IMG]

4. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

I wish you people would make your point for once.

5. Enoch

Enoch New Member

:rolleyes: Daisy calling someone “STUPID” :eek: just shows your character or lack of!!!!! [​IMG] How sad!!!! :(

6. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Yeah, I was going to mention that, Enoch, but had high hopes that she was actually trying to make a point...

7. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Perhaps I should have worded it more genteelly for your delicate sensibilities?

I thought he was merely, um, none too bright? Surprisingly non-intellectual? I'm not poking fun at him - I sincerely mean that he has always struck me as less than admirable in his thinking. For a man educated as thoroughly as he, a graduate of Andover, Yale and Harvard, to refer to the Russian president as "Pootie-poot" is just plain strange, but I do admit a prejudice against grownups indulging in baby-talk with non-babies.

I'm not disparaging a fellow poster, I'm discussing the competence of our president. Is that not allowed? Is that showing bad character?

8. Daisy

Daisy New Member

If you don't get the point, you are indeed aptly named.

9. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

daisy, you really need to gain some maturity. Making posts based on foreign news services which call the Commander-in-Chief, any Commander-in-Chief, "crazy" is not only immature, but an obfuscative straw-man as well.

Perhaps George is sane and you are crazy. Please, prove me wrong.

10. Pete

Pete New Member

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" .... "I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe - I believe what I believe is right." :D

How could I have ever doubted him :rolleyes: :D

11. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Judge for yourselves - listen and compare Bush debating 10 years ago and Bush debating recently:
    Audio-visual quicktime link

Listen to the download of Bush-before and Bush-after and then tell me you don't see the "point". He wasn't always "none too bright", contrary to what I had thought, having heard him only since around 1999.

12. Daisy

Daisy New Member

You really need to grow-up and join the world, tragic. Reading outside sources gives perspective which Fox-only does not.

You don't know what a straw-man is, if you think I presented one. (A straw-man is a mischaracterization of your opponent's argument, which you can then easily refute.) Did you actually read the article and listen to the download or are you basing your opinion solely on the unpleasantness of hearing that someone you admire might be suffering from a cognitive disorder?

Listen to the download - it's somewhat disturbing - then google on "Bush presenile dementia". If I'm crazy, at least I'm not alone.

13. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

So having company in your paranoid state means it's OK to be paranoid? Oooooookay.

14. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Apparently, you don't know what paranoid means either. I don't think he's out to get me personally; I just think he may not be all there.

Instead of attacking the messenger, consider the message before dismissing it out of hand.

If I'm wrong about George, then so much the better. But if I'm right....well, we (and I include the rest of the world here) are all in trouble.

15. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Yeah. And the men in the black helicopters are coming to get you, aren't they?

Tell me, sweetheart, where in Scripture is it OK to call people "crazy?"

16. ballfan

ballfan New Member

They probably wouldn't like Yogi Berra or Will Rogers either.

17. Daisy

Daisy New Member

O tragic! I'm sorry this has upset you so much that you feel compelled to belittle me. Please, let's discuss this like civil adults.

Have you seen and heard the Richards-Bush debate? C-Span has a good archive,(link to debate download). Do you think that George has not deteriorated since then? I think the change is obvious and disturbing.

18. Daisy

Daisy New Member

I like Yogi Berra well enough, but I would never vote for him to hold the highest office in the land.

Everyone likes Will Rogers.

19. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Bush has always had a hard time expressing himself in public. But he's a lot different from the cheerful, optimistic, and reasonable guy he was as governor of Texas. He got high marks for being nonpartisan, and working out compromises to get things done.

People have noticed this. Bush has become divisive, defensive, and not very open to dissent, even among his closest associates.

Something's wrong, although I doubt if he's crazy.
    It's just that everything fell in place for him in Texas, and now everything is going wrong.

He kept saying, during the debate how hard it is. I think he's genuinely puzzled. Truman had the answer.

The buck stops here.

20. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Ok, perhaps "crazy" is the wrong word, a bit insensitve. "Pre-senilely demented" seems to be the proper term. Whichever, it's not what I want to see in a president.