1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CRC ordains 3 women

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by thjplgvp, Aug 9, 2006.

1. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

http://www.gender-news.com/article.php?id=130

Monday, June 26th, 2006
    by Jeff Robinson
    A recent trend toward full-blown egalitarianism continued to gather momentum in the Christian Reformed Church (CRC) this month during the denomination’s annual Synod when delegates made several strategic moves designed to open all church offices to women.
    Like several mainline denominations, the CRC is deeply divided over the biblical propriety of women in ministry with a number of vocal conservatives opposing the rising tide of egalitarianism within the church.
    However, the division did not stop the synod from approving three female candidates—among 34 overall candidates—for the pastorate during its annual meeting June 10-16 at Calvin College in Grand Rapids, Mich.
    The denominational leadership also continued to bulldoze a wider path for women to hold pastoral and leadership positions in the future by voting to remove the word "male" from the qualifications for ecclesiastical office listed in the Church Order. The synod must adopt this decision at the 2007 meeting before it takes effect.

2. genesis12

genesis12 Member

Reformed. Aren't those the guys who believe that God decided everything before the world began? If they are listening to Him, what's to vote on?

3. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ed

4. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

Well gents it seems our Reformation Baptists have nothing to say. :laugh:

5. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

What would you wish them to say? Reformed Baptist are not CRC.

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like because they use the name "reformed" that casts a black eye on US?? Get a grip!!

They are violating the Word of God and it is in His timing for judgment. I can't think of the last time I would have had any contact with folks in that denomination. I feel they have continued down a road that will bring them to disaster, as has ordained women in other mainline groups.

7. thjplgvp

thjplgvp Member

DR. Bob,

Are you reformed in your theology? My comment was more along the lines of, don't all in reformed theology believe that decisions are not decisions but a matter of carrying out the predetermined will of God? Obviously I reject reformed theology as well as the points of remonstrance. And as an IFB I would expect you to reject them as well.

thjplgvp