1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Creation 2003

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by JonathanDT, Jun 23, 2003.

1. DanielFive

DanielFive New Member

Irish redheads eh, it's all becoming clear. Bet Mike's a gingernut too. :cool:

2. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Bob, I either attended Creation or worked there for eight years and even went to Cornerstone a couple of times.

All I can tell you is that my experiences there were overwhelmingly positive. In all of those years, I can only remember one incident involoving non-Christian gate crashers.

Other than that, the only trouble was by kids making too much noise too late at night and most people were very respectful when you bring thigs like that to their attention.

3. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

'89 was the year of the flood.

We always camped at the top of the hill so it didn't affect us but a lot of people had their campsites washed out.

An announcement was made asking campers who hadn't been hit by the flood to contribute something or allow the displaced campers to stay with them.

Everybody responded. They had extra bags, tents toiletries, etc. It was great to see Christians reach out to one another like that.

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the reports. Like everyone I hear of supposed excesses or evils, but thought why not ask folks who were there?

5. Travelsong

Travelsong Guest

That's right Mike, I also remember someone got electricuted from swimming near a stage or something.Oh, and a really stupid band named "Shout" and their album was titled "In Your Face". And I think Carmen was there and did that boxing song.

6. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

I don't remember that they did have to cut short the 'Compassion All Star Band" show because the lightning was so bad.

I remember them. They were a hair metal band. "Hair metal" and "stupid" is a bt redundant, don't you think?

"The Champion". I remember that.