1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Creation mandate and the New Creation

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Iconoclast, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I believe the teaching is that it is happening now.This is all one thought...the building is the Church now as it goes worldwide;

14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.

15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,

16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:

This is speaking of those who are saved already.

#21 Iconoclast, Oct 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2013
  2. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Herald
    The verse I like that fits any view is here;
    14 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:

16 To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life.
    And who is sufficient for these things?

17 For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

This verse is also offered in an evangelistic context:thumbsup::thumbsup:

3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Man, elect and non-elect alike, is given dominion over the earth, provided he exercise that dominion lawfully. The Church teaches the nations what they cannot discern from nature, and corrects that which they have corrupted.

But no, there is no Postmillennialism in sight. Far from filling the earth with faith prior to the second advent, there will be dearth thereof.

#23 Aaron, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2013
  4. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Good imput Aaron.Fallen man always perverts the ordinances of scripture.Part of achristians role is to show a right life before a lost and dying world.

5. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I emboldened the above of yours and now I ask; I would say most of us just here in this one board would say we fall within A Christian. Just from the attitudes of this one sample and it probably is mild compared to some of the mega church's would you think it would be a postmil attitude?

Do we show a Christ like life here among ourselves?

6. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    percho

[/QUOTE]

Let's say most do show a Christ life life among them selves.....at what point does it shine out to the community?
    phil 2:
    12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

16 Holding forth the word of life
    ; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

Do people know we are Christians with any different views on life?

Where and how are we interacting with people we meet in public?

If as Christians we cannot address every issue in life from a biblical lens....are we really lights at all?

7. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, your two quotes apply but to different times.

Adam certainly had "dominion" over the animals - he named them (of course in Adam and Eve by Mark Twain - if I recall the correct author - Eve was the one who actually called them by the names we currently use).

Currently WE have little dominion over the creation. Humankind can't stop a shark from munching, the earth from trembling, or any "natural" disasters. We have no ability by mere speech to cast mountains into the sea.

HOWEVER, DURING the millennium that is EXACTLY the authority of the believers who have returned with Christ.

BUT you have attempted to include common human with what Psalms 8 is referring.
    When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers,
    The moon and the stars, which You have ordained;
    4 What is man that You take thought of him,
    And the son of man that You care for him?
    5 Yet You have made him a little lower than God,
    And You crown him with glory and majesty!
    6 You make him to rule over the works of Your hands;
    You have put all things under his feet,
    7 All sheep and oxen,
    And also the beasts of the field,
    8 The birds of the heavens and the fish of the sea,
    Whatever passes through the paths of the seas. 9 O Lord, our Lord,
    How majestic is Your name in all the earth!
    Do you not see that it is the Lord Jesus Christ that this psalm is discussing?

We have only reflected glory from this psalm, not the direct.

It isn't common humankind that are given the conditions of the "son of man" in this psalm.

The natural man has:

No dominion over the earth other than what God's mercy and intent allows.

Is not crowned with glory and majesty.

Has no authority "under his feet."
    Who has these? The Lord Jesus Christ. He is crowned with glory and majesty. He has all authority given him in dominion and control. He has all things "under His feet."

In the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ all the authority the redeemed express over creation will be like that Adam had in the garden. That only takes place DURING the millennium, not before (even the disciples didn't have it).

8. thisnumbersdisconnected

I had no idea Twain's short story was "inspired."

[​IMG]

9. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    agedman

Do you believe the command was rescinded?

Many believe we are in the millennium now. You are not going to speak literal mountains into the sea.

When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers,
    The moon and the stars, which You have ordained;
    4 What is man that You take thought of him,

This is man as Image bearer....

And the son of man that You care for him?
    5 Yet You have made him a little lower than God,
    5 You’ve made them only slightly less than divine,

Jesus is not less than God,Jesus is not less than Divine.In the incarnation in His humanity he veils some of the attributes of His Deity as He identifies with the Covenant children.

And You crown him with glory and majesty!
    6 You make him to rule over the works of Your hands;
    You have put all things under his feet,
    7 All sheep and oxen,
    And also the beasts of the field,
    8 The birds of the heavens and the fish of the sea,
    Whatever passes through the paths of the seas. 9 O Lord, our Lord,
    How majestic is Your name in all the earth!
    In Hebrews 2 it becomes clear how Jesus identifies with those children the Father has given Him.The psalm is discussing man...and Jesus in the incarnation accomplishing a definate atonement.

I do not agree...the writer to hebrews says otherwise.

Yes and in Mt 28 he tells believing MAN to GO make disciples.

[/QUOTE]
    what verses are you basing this on?