1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Creation Museum..Anybody Been???

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Gregory Perry Sr., Dec 31, 2007.

1. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Hey Ya'll....My wife and I recently took our anniversary trip and visited the new Creation Museum built and operated by Ken Ham's Answers In Genesis ministry. The museum is located in Petersburg Kentucky just outside of Cincinnatti. Our visit there was an all day affair and was a great blessing to both of us. Have any of you folks been there yet,and if so what do you think of the place? It was a wonderful tour through a Biblical Worldview that trully did reinforce our faith as well as educate us to the young-earth view of Biblical Creationism...a view my wife and I completely embrace without apology.

Check out : www.creationmuseum.org and www.answersingenesis.org

Thank God for faithful men such as bro.Ken Ham and those involved in the AiG ministry who have dedicated their lives to advancing the Biblical truths of Creationism and salvation by faith through grace found in Jesus Christ by trusting in His Blood shed for us on Calvary.

Finally, I would heartily recommend as many of you as possible find a way to go visit this wonderful place....you will be blessed.

Peace Ya'll,
    Greg Perry Sr. (and wonderful wife Vicki:saint: )

2. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

What a pitiy it is so far away from me!

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Looks interesting.

4. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Here's how you can evaluate it without even seeing it: if liberal Baptists make fun of it, figure it's okay.

5. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Not been yet, but I hope to go this year.

It's located about two and a half hours away from me, and I have actually passed close to it, on the way to Chicago.

Ed

6. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

I've been following Ken Ham's ministry lately and he's quite learned.

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'll definately have to check it out. It's about a 4 hour drive for me, but could make a cool family vacation weekend in a couple years...

8. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

When I was cursed with having to teach science for the first time, I stumbled onto Dr. Gary Parker in my quest to not only update personal database but teach science from a Christian perspective. He was a knowlegeable riot in his younger days. He was at the last ACSI conference I attended and I went to every conference he led. He is still a riot!

There is a connection with Ken Ham btw.

9. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

First, I want to go to the alchemy museum, then the astrology museum. :laugh:

10. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Heretic!

. . .

11. PK

PK New Member

I went with my church a few months ago and we got in for around $12 each because we all home-school. I live in Indianapolis and its only a 1.5hr drive for us. I loved it and the Planetarium is worth a cross country drive.

12. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

I haven't been but most of my church has. I had to work the day they went but I heard it was great.

13. Magnetic Poles

Thanks, Bitsy :laugh: :thumbs:

"A virtuous heretic shall be saved before a wicked Christian" - Benjamin Franklin

14. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Happy New Year MP :D

(I thought I'd quoted you, but I'm on the phone and it takes too long to go back!)

15. redbelt

redbelt New Member

As an Army Chaplain we took a group of Soldiers and family members to the museum. It was first rate and I hope to visit it again this new year!

Very well done. The food was a bit pricey, but not unexpected.

Highly recommend!

16. Magnetic Poles

Happy New Year to you too, Bitsy, and to your entire family. And the same to all on the BB!!

17. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

We still see Dr. Parker in Arcadia, Fl. He has a nice work work down there with school children. He and Ken Ham worked with Henry Morris, Parker for 30 or more years and Ham for maybe 10 years. If I recall correctly, Parker and Morris came to know each other and starting working together when both were professors at VPI.

#17 Bob Alkire, Jan 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2008