1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Creation Vs Evolution As World Views

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by john6:63, Mar 25, 2004.

1. A_Christian

A_Christian New Member

What I am saying that MOST people who attend a variety of churches are not true Christians. I believe that the majority of evolutionists don't even regularly attend churches of any sort, and I feel strongly that SOME true Christians are very foolish and see no problem following the theories of men who setting asside GOD's WORD as inferior to scientic accountabilities. There have ALWAYS been people who have considered themselves "modern" and yet have missed reality in truth to follow the herd. True Christians are a peculiar people. That in itself should be a warning to accepting what the world says is normal and correct...

2. Paul of Eugene

Paul of Eugene New Member

You have seriously underestimated the amount and quality of the evidence for a universe billions of years old and life of common descent over millions and millions of years.

Do you doubt that a molecule of water is composed of two hydrogen atoms and an atom of oxygen? In a very broad theoretical sense, it is a speculation of a sort, but it would be perverse to say it isn't a thing established and certain in scientific knowledge.

In the same way, to many of us, it is past time to consider the deep time knowledge of the universe and the knowledge of common descent of all life as being a mere speculation. It is a thing established and certain in scientific knowledge.

It is my considered opinion that the evidence is there, if considered without prejudice.

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Incomplete is not the half of it.

The "problem" is that the "Salient point" of the argument made in evolutionisms doctrines is "entirely missing" from the fossil record.

I gave the example in the case of the Trilobite showing that it only has "a compound eye" no "light spot that evolves to become a simple eye and then a compound eye".

The "essence of evolutionism" has failed.

But that is really "off topic" the point is - the "World View" as God gives it vs the world view that humanism gives.

Richard Dawkins said it best. THere is nothing left for God to "do" because for humanists - evolutionism leaves no gaps. It explains everything.

Of course from some Christians "a gap in the first cell" is "about the right size for God".

But to Bible believing Christians that accept the Word of God as it reads - the Creator did as HE said "IN SIX days GOD MADE the heavens and the earth the seas and the springs of water".

That's the Creator's "World View". (Hmm. He must be a "creationist")

In Christ,

Bob

4. john6:63

john6:63 New Member

I often get questions similar to this one from “Christian” skeptics all the time on other Message Boards. But it usually goes like “why would God deceive?”

It’s no secret from reading Genesis, that the Garden was filled with false appearances of age, ie…mature plants, trees, animals and even Adam and Eve, but then again, any created universe must, by the nature of the case display some false appearance of age. But, this is in no way deceptive, since God in His Word revealed to man what He did! We need only to believe by faith what He has told us, just as we believe by faith that Jesus Christ died and was raised from the dead. It is those Christians who insist that the world made itself who are deceiving themselves and undermining scripture.

5. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

And I showed you that the earliest trilobites had a simple eye that evolved into a more complex eye with time. You want an "eyespot" then you'll have to go back much further in time than the trilobites. What do you think a fossil of an eyespot would look like, BTW?

But we have chemical evidence to support it, even if we cannot find that fossil eyespot. The light sensitive chemical in our eyes (for B&W I think) is rhodopsin. Now this is just a variation on vitamin A. So, once again, evolution used something already laying around, modified it slightly, and came up with a new ability.

BTW, have you come up with ways that the geologic sorting of fossils we see could be accomplished hydraulically? I gave you a short list of problems to sort through.

6. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Obviously it looks like a trilobite with no eyeridges or possibly just and indentation.

And "obviously" we find no such stepwise process for trilobites. Nor do we find "older trilobite" prior to the pre-cambrian era.

Notice that "any light sensitive chemical in any eye" is "all the support" the that the "stories of evolutionism needs" to build its case for the Trilobite eye.

Were you wanting to go through and exercise on turbidity current effects now?

In Christ,

Bob

7. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Getting back to the "Clash of world view" between the "Claims of evolutionism" and the claims of the "Creator in His Genesis 1-2:3 account"...

Well said.

Both Atheist evolutionists and Christian Creationists would heartily agree with your observation.

Perfect contrast and nice confession too.

[/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]In Christ,

Bob

8. Paul of Eugene

Once upon a time a preacher told a little boy that God made him, the little boy that is.

Then the little boy went home and learned that he was born on such and such a day at such and such a hospital and later was acquainted with the "facts of life" . . .

Should he stop believing that God made him? I don't think so, and none of the reasoning you shared with us as you describe the so called world view of evolution (a completely impossible thing - a theory can't think and a theory can't hold a philosophy) has any power to convince me otherwise.

As a Christian who accepts the facts of evolution - a position shared by very many of us, by the way - I can tell you your ideas about what I think are wrong. I know that God IS our creator and sustainor. He also has other purposes, no doubt, and we cannot know them all. The organization of the Universe was in the mind of God from eternity always. He is my Savior, my Lord, my Hope.

9. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

Paul

[​IMG]

Bob

A trilobite is a whole living system, not just a body with eyes. The body came about as adaptations to its environment. You did not start out with a trilobite body and no eyes. That is a strawman. We do have trilobites ancestors in the pre-Cambrian, but they are not well enough preserved to see their eyes. But I would be willing to bet they had some type of eye. You are also ignoring that I pointed out that we can observe evolution of the trilobite eye to something more complex as we compare early trilobites with later trilobites.

And yes, I am very interested to hear how you can get the kinds of things I mentioned into the fossil record the way they are through hydraulic sorting.

10. john6:63

11. john6:63

Genesis 1 will explain that once God created Adam and then Eve, God then commanded them to be fruitful and MULTIPLY. God instituted procreation, not evolution.

But, once the theories of evolution are forced down his throat the first thing he’ll do is question Genesis. He’ll then be forced with a decision to make. Either, A. Genesis is historically accurate or, B. Genesis is a fairy tale.

If he chooses B, eventually he’ll realize that if Adam was figurative, then how can there be a literal Fall, and if there’s no literal Fall, how can there be a literal Hell; and if there’s no literal Hell, what’s the point of Jesus Christ dieing for the sins of the world? The structure and basis of our Salvation falls apart.

12. Paul of Eugene

That's an interesting problem you've decided to give your converts, John6:3, a religion that is incompatible with reality. Either give up reality or give up religion, huh?

Maybe if you didn't present your learners with such a dire either-or option they could remain true to their minds as well as their hearts.

13. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Which means you did not "Start" with a fully formed trilobite -- compound eye and all.

RATHER evolutionism "needs" a stepwise process that gradually builds each of the complex systems in the trilobite at differing rates of development until "finally" we have the fully formed trilobite.

Such is "obviously" not the case with the fossil record.

Evolutionism is now "Stuck" trying to "explain away" the data. Explain WHY the data does NOT show what evolutionism predicts.

Sad but true.

Indeed "tell your story".

But in the end - basing your faith on your "stories" instead of the fossil record is like a Christian basing their faith on "stories" and not the Bible.

You have been forced to abandon the fossil data and rely on "betting" in your "stories" as a kind of "substitute for data".

You believe in the evolutionary tale in spite of the data - not because of it.

http://www.nwcreation.net/geologycolumn.html

Enjoy "reading the details". They will not dissappoint the Bible believing.

In Christ,

Bob

14. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

"http://www.nwcreation.net/geologycolumn.html

Enjoy "reading the details". They will not dissappoint the Bible believing.
    "

That was fun.

The sorting was based on ecology and who could run the fastest. So those angiosperms and grasses ran real fast to make sure that they were only in the upper layers while those whales... Why exactly are they only found in the upper layers? Can fish not swim just as fast? Does a whale not inhabit the same ecology as fish?

And you talk about me giving "any old answer."

Entertaining but not enlightening.

15. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

"Which means you did not "Start" with a fully formed trilobite -- compound eye and all.

RATHER evolutionism "needs" a stepwise process that gradually builds each of the complex systems in the trilobite at differing rates of development until "finally" we have the fully formed trilobite.
    "

Yes.

16. jcrawford

jcrawford New Member

We can also observe evolution in the mind's eye to something more complex as we compare early evolutionists like Darwin with later evolutionaries like Dawkins.

Same old religion though.

17. Paul of Eugene

Got an extra $6 to spend?

Go down to the magazine section of your favorite store and pick up a copy of the special edition of Scientific American, DINOSAURS AND OTHER MONSTERS. Its the one with the big toothy dinosaur on the cover.

On page 93 you can see some fossils of rare pre-cambrian date. possibly ancestors of the trilobite.

You can also peruse interesting finds that have greatly illuminated the evolution of whales from land animals on pages 14 and following. Intermediate stages between the land forms and the fully aquatic forms that have been unearthed are described and pictured.

18. jcrawford

jcrawford New Member

The religious belief in Darwin's claim that humans evolved from hairy ape-like progenitors in Africa is similar to the belief in reincarnation because it is based on circular reasoning and endless time. It is a religious philosophy because it's conclusions about human history are predicated upon it's original premises.

icr.org makes it easy to associate Darwinism with evolutionism and many other 'isms' besides organisms. Just go to their website and type in whatever 'ism' you're interested in.

Darwin wrote about distinct and separate "races" of men. Modern evos speak of extinct "species" of men. What's the difference?

No human races in natural history = no human species either.

Deny Darwin's "races" of men and you deny Darwin.

19. jcrawford

jcrawford New Member

Six bucks is too much for an adult comic book.

20. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Since the clash of World Views between Christianity and Evolutionism is the focus of this thread and the "Religion of evolutionism" thread...