1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cris Angel Mindfreak

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by cbw431, Jul 23, 2005.

1. cbw431

cbw431 New Member

Have any of you seen this Cris Angel on the TV? My husband was watching it when I walked into the room I couldn't believe what I was seeing! This guy was levitating and everything and he looks freaky..do you think he could be possesed? :eek:

2. Petrel

Petrel New Member

They can do amazing things with smoke and mirrors! Plus wires. If he's levitating, I suspect wires.

3. jdcanady

jdcanady Member

I haven't seen him, but I have seen the levitating "trick". I suspect you only see him from the front, and he only "levitates" an inch or two and holds it for a second or two. They have a rod or something down one of their pants legs, in the back, and they basically sit on it to lift their feet off the ground. It is an impressive feat of balancing, but not levitating.

That's what I think anyway.

4. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Sorry, man! I missed it!!!

Besides

Why sit on air??? I'd much rather sit on something more steadier----like the ground or a chair!!!

As Maxwell Smart of the famed series "Get Smart" would say

"The old Mind over Matter Levitating Trick!! The audience falls for it everytime!!!!"

5. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

Is that the street magician? I love stuff like that. But, as Harry Anderson once said when he was doing a "needle through the forearm" gag complete with oozing blood and a woman in the front room was about to faint from terror, "It's a trick, lady!"