1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CRISIS at the shrine of mammon

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by antiaging, Sep 28, 2008.

1. antiaging

antiaging New Member

Matthew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

definition: mammon
    Wealth regarded as a source of evil and corruption, personified in the New Testament as a false god ([Mammon]) [New Testament Greek mammōnas wealth]

If you have been watching the news lately you probably have seen people in distress near panic, that attend that building, in New York, dedicated to money worship, the stock market. People that attend the functions there, [whose creed might best be described as "in money we trust"] have been very upset lately because their greedy schemes conscerning the housing industry have fallen apart and their finances have gone down with the market ratings.

Luke 12:15 And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.

definition--covetousness
    2. Marked by extreme desire to acquire or possess:

Jesus used the word beware, indicating it is spiritually dangerous to your soul.

Matthew 19:24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Proverbs 30:8 Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me:
    Proverbs 30:9 Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the LORD?...

Matthew 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
    Matthew 6:20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
    Matthew 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Colossians 3:5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:

Those greedy money idolaters at the stock market, that worship money, would have done better to learn the above scriptures. Some of them must feel sort of like their god {money} has forsaken them and let them down.

God shows a Christian how to be financially secure. Your financial status as a Christian should depend on what the bible says:

Luke 6:38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

Proverbs 11:25 The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself.

Ecclesiastes 11:1 Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days.

Psalms 41:1 Blessed is he that considereth the poor: the LORD will deliver him in time of trouble.

Malachi 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

2 Corinthians 9:6 But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.
    2 Corinthians 9:7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
    2 Corinthians 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:

Proverbs 14:21 He that despiseth his neighbour sinneth: but he that hath mercy on the poor, happy is he.

Proverbs 19:17 He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the LORD; and that which he hath given will he pay him again.

#1 antiaging, Sep 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2008