1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Criss Angel's Profession of Faith?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by gekko, Jul 28, 2006.

1. gekko

gekko New Member

hey everybody.

I'm going to assume many of you know who Criss Angel is - the world known magician/illusionist.

i've watched a few video's of his - and i notice that they pray before many of their life threatening stunts. i've heard someone mention "Lord" and "Jesus" when they pray. etc.

i've also seen Criss Angel do what catholics do - the cross hand gesture across the chest thing.

im wondering if anyone knows what Criss Angel's profession of faith is... what religion he belongs to?

personally i think lots of the stuff he does is real. some of course is fake.
    what do you think?

2. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

I have also seen the show. I think he is a great illusionist. I was wondering the same thing about his faith.

3. gekko

gekko New Member

one thing that i have thought...

is that - could Criss Angel be mistaken for a type of messiah?

i mean... he can walk on water (which is amazing... looks like no trick there) - he can saw himself in half (watch the video - its not somebody folding in half making it look like somebody getting cut) - he can "teleport" - he can also "teleport" other people... etc.

this guy is a super illusionist - could he make people think he's the messiah?

4. genesis12

genesis12 Member

He's a prime candidate for the antichrist.

5. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Yeah.... I saw all those things and was amazed. When he walked on WATER that was a awesome illusion. The devil is a lyar though always trying to mock Jesus. Many think that if Chris Angel could do it then if Jesus did its a piece of cake Because it was also a illusion. The Devil is always trying to takes Gods Glory.

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

He seems "dark" to me. Even his logo...the "A" that looks like a pentagram is creepy. If he's saved, I would be shocked.

7. Snitzelhoff

Snitzelhoff New Member

It wouldn't surprise me if Criss Angel were Christian. He used to perform with Klay Scott, the guy who later became the Christian industrial metal act Circle of Dust, and is now Celldweller. Because of that association, I would guess he's a Christian; however, the only sure way to know would be to ask him, or to find somewhere he might've said it on the Internet. Have you tried Googling it?

8. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

He might be a Christian, but I do not think it is a Christian thing for an illusionist to do an act of walking on water. This would only suggest Jesus was doing a trick or was an illusionist. I find it creepy.

The move "The Craft," which came out in 1996, is about 4 girls who are involved in witchcraft. In a very creepy, evil scene, one of the girls (who is a witch who uses her powers for evil) walks on water. I found it to be the most chilling scene in the movie.

(Of course the movie itself was evil in that it influenced a lot of girls into Wicca and witchcraft).

I don't understand a believer making an illusion of something Jesus did, which we know was a miracle.