1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Critics and Mockers

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Pistos, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Pistos

Pistos New Member

Every now and then we may hear some stories regarding some pastors have done this and have done that. Some reactions were damaging not to the Pastor alone but to his family and ministry and church. Many doesn't understand their situation especially from those people that should protect him.

Pastors and preachers ARE NOT 'superman'. They are not man-of-steel but men with compassion for soul. They are VULNERABLE to anything, gossip, critism, evil-speaking, etc. He cannot fly nor crawl to any wall but your prayers may bring him where God wants him to be. He received not a hero's welcome but he is a hero of the faith. He has no superpower only that He has a God who has all the power. Every service he is all alone as the congregation look at him, but God said 'touch not mine anointed!'

As a member what should we do?

2. Gib

Gib Active Member

Pray for them, befriend them, support them, speak up for them, love them.....

3. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Gib, of your 20,000+ posts that just might have been the best... [​IMG]

4. Gib

Gib Active Member

I just don't sit around all day and make poo noises with my mouth [​IMG]

5. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Treat them as a shepherd or pastor, not as "God's anointed" fer they ain't in my Bible.

Actually treat him as you would treat anyone else in the church, you are all fellowlaborers in the work of the Lord deserving of each others respect and love.

6. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

The Hebrew writer tells us in Hebrews 13:17, "Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and nnot with grief: for that is unprofitable for you."

Paul tells the Thessalonians in 1Thessalonians 5:13, "And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake."

God puts these "roadblock" verses here to put a stop to the critics and mockers.

7. Pistos

Pistos New Member

How do you react or response, if your pastor or church is being attacked by another pastor?

8. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Many times in a pack of dogs they will turn on each other.
    But in the church this ought not to be so.
    Jas 3:9
    Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
    Jas 3:10
    Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

So what do you do?
    Ro 12:14
    Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.

In HIS service;
    Jim