1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Critique your "own camp"

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Spoudazo, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Spoudazo

Spoudazo New Member

Aren't you in favor of the TR or maybe the Majority Text?

Critique Pickering or someone, lol [​IMG]

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I strongly prefer the traditonal texts.

Let me see...perhaps I should be more open to a totally eclectic posistion which would use all of the best manuscripts.

3. Plain ol' Ralph

Plain ol' Ralph New Member

An "invitation" to participate in disuntiy? No thanks, God thinks it more pleasant that brtethren dwell together in untiy. And maybe you should respect the Word of God considering unity?

4. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Baptists cannot either ... ;)

God Bless

Wayne

5. Plain ol' Ralph

Plain ol' Ralph New Member

Yeah they can too!! Many liberals amongst the ranks as we speak!! Not here though!!!

6. Spoudazo

Spoudazo New Member

An "invitation" to participate in disuntiy? No thanks, God thinks it more pleasant that brtethren dwell together in untiy. And maybe you should respect the Word of God considering unity? </font>[/QUOTE]I think we were having quite a bit of unity in this thread until you decided to go against what I asked of the posters.

7. PastorGreg

PastorGreg Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    POR has kind of proven my earlier point about we KJV'ers losing credibility because of lousy attitudes.

8. williemakeit

williemakeit New Member

Oh, but we do Roger, and our camp is the best one here. [​IMG]

9. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Sadly that kind of thing all too often illustrates the weakness of human character.

I know a Presbyterian who believes in believers baptism, but because he is Presbyterian, folks just accuse him of being Pedo-baptistic.

As with POR's attitude, folks see his responses and assume ALL we who hold to the KJVo are alike. Some will even point to a feller in Florida and say we are all like him. Not everyone does this. But the few who do, make it very hard for others to avoid it.

In HIS service;
    Jim

10. Keith M

Keith M New Member

Now wait a minute, Pastor Greg! Folks in the KJVO camp are not the only ones with lousy attitudes. At times a lousy attitude is displayed by many of us non-KJVO folks, too! It sure wouldn't hurt if more of us would adopt a "live and let live" attitude! After all, most of us on the BB claim to be Christians! So why not display a little more Christian love and understanding? [​IMG]

11. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then you will be much like me. I teach and preach from the KJV, but have great respect for other English versions. I believe, after careful study, that the Byzantine textform is superior to the Alexandrian textform, so, naturally I prefer bibles translated from that textform while realizing that, for the most part, the variants between the two textforms are few and mostly minor in nature.

However, because I will defend the KJV (or any other version) against attacks I am labeled KJVO by the Anti-KJVO faction, but, alas, because I will also defend other English versions form KJVO libel and falsehood, I am labeled an "Alexandrian cultist" and an apostate.

I guess if I am hated by both extremes I must be in exactly the right spot! :D :D :D

12. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't despair Doc... I love you brother.

13. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

You are in a similar situation to that of the Anabaptists (Amish, Mennonite, Church of the Brethren). As I recall, they were persecuted by both Catholics and Protestants!!

I really got a chuckle out of your comments. I hope that you are doing well,

BiR

14. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those statements could apply to me, but I haven't had anyone call me "KJV-only."

15. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Now wait a minute, Pastor Greg! Folks in the KJVO camp are not the only ones with lousy attitudes. At times a lousy attitude is displayed by many of us non-KJVO folks, too! It sure wouldn't hurt if more of us would adopt a "live and let live" attitude! After all, most of us on the BB claim to be Christians! So why not display a little more Christian love and understanding? [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]Now that is a splendid idea Keith.

Ya' think it could work?

I sure would like to think so. I hate to be cynical, but I really don't hold much hope for it. We Baptists (in general) love to chew up our own. Just read a few different posts in most of the other forums. It seems that the only thing joining Baptists (at least on this BB) is the desire to prove the notion, "I am right and I will show you all I am right or you will know what for!!!"

"Even so, come, Lord Jesus. Amen."

In HIS service;
    Jim

16. Keith M

Keith M New Member

Now wait a minute, Pastor Greg! Folks in the KJVO camp are not the only ones with lousy attitudes. At times a lousy attitude is displayed by many of us non-KJVO folks, too! It sure wouldn't hurt if more of us would adopt a "live and let live" attitude! After all, most of us on the BB claim to be Christians! So why not display a little more Christian love and understanding? [​IMG] </font>[/QUOTE]Now that is a splendid idea Keith.

Ya' think it could work?

I sure would like to think so. I hate to be cynical, but I really don't hold much hope for it. We Baptists (in general) love to chew up our own. Just read a few different posts in most of the other forums. It seems that the only thing joining Baptists (at least on this BB) is the desire to prove the notion, "I am right and I will show you all I am right or you will know what for!!!"

"Even so, come, Lord Jesus. Amen."

In HIS service;
    Jim
    </font>[/QUOTE]We are told "And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise" (Luke 6:31 KJV). But so often we mutate Jesus' own instructions into "Do to others what you fear they will do to you before they get a chance." Sad, isn't it? Jim, I'm not pointing a finger at you or at anyone else on the BB forums. I know I have been guilty of this very thing at times, and I know Jesus isn't at all happy when I do such things!

17. Slambo

Slambo New Member

Well said!!