1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

cross cultural meeting with 2 African believers

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by mr. messy, Dec 22, 2004.

1. mr. messy

mr. messy New Member

In 2004, I have met one African man, George, at my local church during "Purpose Driven" series. Since then his job hours now prevent him from attending church. His cousin, Steven, now lives with him. George is Pentecostal who has previously attended an Assembly of God church here. Both are separated from their wifes and child or children (who still are in Africa). Suggestions, please.(!)This is all new to me. We meet in their apartment room. They both want to improve their education here to get better jobs and to later bring their families here to the USA. Thanks, mr. messy.

2. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ONe thing that the mssionaries in Uganda told me is this: Most Africans want to get here, because they see us as millionaires. - When we were passing out tracts on the streets on Kampala, one person told my friend Teri "I want what you have because Americans go to heaven!"

As far as their church-going, they must find time for church. I am a 911 operator, I work shifts, and I still go to church whenever I can, since the doors of the church are open many many times a week. Meeting at home is fine IF you are worshipping and studying under the guidance of a PASTOR first and foremost.