1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cross-postings

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by suzanne, Dec 1, 2002.

1. suzanne

suzanne New Member

Is there a way to condense or put discussions about the same topic in one thread?

There have been some topics that have discussions going in multiple forums and frankly I end up not wanting to post because I never which on to post in without having to repeat myself. I'm sure there are others, but the topics that come to mind are Halloween, clothes, drinking, headcovering...if I'm interested in a topic I'd like to go to ONE place and discuss it instead of trying to keep track of multiple threads.

Thanks, just wondering

suzanne

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree that cross-posting is a problem. Probably one of the moderators should close a thread and direct folks to another forum where a duplicate thread occurs.

Dealing with the sect of headcovering we have three major (and assorted minor) threads on various forums. That in the womens was closed. We have one in General and then, for some unknown reason, another identical in Fundamental Baptists.

If it were me, I'd allow ONE to stand (here in general) and close the other. It is most certainly NOT an issue among historic fundamentalists, so should be here on the broader forum.

Let me think on what to do. :confused:

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps a read-only index of subjects could be developed and then those who want to create more light (or lightning [​IMG] ) could "bump" it with a post of their own.

HankD