1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Crown College (fall 2013)

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by ImOnlyMe, Jul 6, 2013.

1. ImOnlyMe

ImOnlyMe New Member

God has made it apparent that The Crown College is where He wants me to go. I've never been there before, so the day I move into my dorm is the day I see the school for the first time.
    It will be my first time going to an out-of-state school. I was just wondering if there is anyone who goes there or is planning to go there who can give me any kind of tips? I don't really know what I'm asking for. lol It just seems like I can't find anything about this College unless it's from the official website. But I would just like to hear from real students. It would be nice to hear from someone who is already there I guess...

Thank you,
    Kat

2. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Hi Kat,

I don't think there are any Crown College students on the BB, but I'll pm you a link where you might find some.

3. ImOnlyMe

ImOnlyMe New Member

Thank you! Appreciate it!

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are several Crown Colleges.

Crown College (MN), C&MA school founded nearly a century ago, referred to in the last post. http://www.crown.edu

The Crown College of the Bible (TN), IFB outfit started in the 1990s by Clarence Sexton, onetime bus ministry director for Lee Roberson. This is likely the one referred to in the OP. http://thecrowncollege.com

Crown Southwest (TX), originally the [J. Frank] Norris Bible Baptist Institute founded in the 1980s by a splinter group of Norris followers. Recently turned over to Sexton. http://www.crownsouthwest.org

6. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which Crown college? In Tennessee or in Minnesota? They are pretty different.

Sorry, only now saw the other posts. ImOnlyMe profile says "independant Baptist" so i am thinking they mean in Tennessee.

Tom Sexton used to be the Bus Director at Highland Park BC back when Dr. Roberson was there. He's been at the church for a long time.

#6 Tom Bryant, Jul 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2013
  7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tom and Jerome,

thanks for the clarification

8. ImOnlyMe

ImOnlyMe New Member

Oops! So sorry, I am referring to the one in Powell, TN. :)

9. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dr. Sexton is a good man. I knew him many years ago when I was just a camp counselor and he was a young pastor. He later sent me a copy of his book on soul-winning, Won by One, and it was good. I've kept track of his ministry over the years and rejoice at how the Lord has used him.

I don't know a whole lot about the school, but we visited Crown once on a furlough and I was very impressed. To my knowledge it's a good school. I'm received the impression that they try to do things first class.

#9 John of Japan, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2013
  10. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you have this extra bit of revelation from God and none if it involves wisdom in checking the school out?? YIKES! Maybe you deserve Crown College.