1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Crown College

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Kidz-4-HIM, Jun 27, 2004.

1. Kidz-4-HIM

Kidz-4-HIM New Member

Any Crown College grads here.
    If so what do you have to say about CC

Thanks
    Cline

2. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Clarence Sexton is a dictator.

3. Kidz-4-HIM

Kidz-4-HIM New Member

i don't think that dr. Sexton is forcing people to go there or to stay, yes he has very strict rules but in this day and age we need them more than ever

4. Pastor J

Pastor J New Member

I am not a graduate, however I am a big supporter of the school. They are doing a great job preparing young men and ladies for the ministry. However, they are lacking in some of their other programs, such as education. PCC would be my recommendation on education. They also do not have a great variety of majors. With that said, if a young person was interested in going into any ministry related field, Crown would be my recommendation.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

That is an unfair statement.

No one is chained to the walls at Crown and no one is forced by Dr Sexton to go there.

I am not a supporter or proponent of the school, but your charge is unjust.

6. Askjo

Askjo New Member

NO program for the Deaf -- any majors such as pastoral major or mission major or Christian education major and others.

7. Askjo

Askjo New Member

BBF?

8. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Hyper??? Legalism???

9. NaasPreacher (C4K)

How is it legalism if you knowingly submit to a school's rules????

How is he a dictator if youknow the rules and his policies if youchoose to go there????

I would never recommend going there. However, the rules are there - if you don't like them don't go!!!

10. Gayla

Gayla New Member

A young lady from our Church just finished her Freshman year at Crown, she loves it.

And like C4K said, you know the rules before you go - if you don't like them don't go.

11. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Having lived near the school and the church for years, and knowing Dr. Sexton and many graduates, I personally would not recommend it. You can get a much better, Biblical education at a variety of other schools.

While I undersatnd Christforkildare's point, many people share the view stated. Clarence gets strong views either way. Not too many people are lukewarm [​IMG]

12. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Giving sound, logical advice on why or why not a person should attend a school is part of this forum.

Personal attacks on a person are not. Visit the school, spend some time there. Schedule an appointment with Dr Sexton. Then you can determine for yourself.

I had my own run in with Dr Sexton many years ago, and am not a defender. I would not recommend the school. Bur right is right.

13. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I'm not meaning to be argumenative, but is calling someone a dictator a personal attack? Why is this automatically construed to be perjorative? I ask this out of sheer curiousity.

14. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Okay fair enough. I took it that way because if I were called a dictator I would always take in negative sense.

15. Askjo

Askjo New Member

I received the information concerning this college and read it. I found 2 things there. These 2 things that I disagreed are too nosey toward Christians. That is why I called "legalism."

16. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Some rules are ridiculous. Why?

Some rules okay.

17. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Well, it may have very well been meant that way, but I just asked. Some people might take it as a compliment [​IMG] Some might see it as neutral. Dunno, just thinking out loud I suppose [​IMG]

18. TomVols

TomVols New Member

For what it's worth, a few weeks back a van carrying Crown students from a mission trip was in a car accident that killed several students. We need to pray for their families.

19. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Some rules are ridiculous. Why?

Some rules okay.
    </font>[/QUOTE]These are your,and probably my opinions of those rules. Not everyone considers them so.

My point remains. Check out the rules, visit the school. Meet Dr Sexton. Sit in a few classes. Go to a chapel service. Then, if you don't like it - DON'T GO.

In case you can't tell, school bashing irritates me. There are schools for all ilks. If you don't like one, go somewhere else.

20. Kidz-4-HIM

Kidz-4-HIM New Member

I asked for CC graduates not people who know little about Dr Sexton and Crown with their own biased opinions.

Cline

ps moderater you may close this fourm