1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Crown College

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Kidz-4-HIM, Jun 27, 2004.

1. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Did you visit there at Crown College?

2. IFBChristian

IFBChristian New Member

Not yet Askjo, but Lord willing I plan on visiting them.

3. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

If its in the Sword of the Lord, it is highly suspect IMHO.

4. IFBChristian

IFBChristian New Member

I have heard on this board that Crown College's rules are strict. If any of you have a copy of these rules, would you care to send them to me at the e-mail address in my profile? Thank you.

5. Motlow

Motlow New Member

:
    Motlow: The lawsuit does exist. James F. McCarthy of Kats, Teller, Brandt, and Hild in Cincinnati, OH represents Crown (among others..).

Crown/Sexton is suing a former staff member over a church website manager. To my knowledge, this staff member is still on the church roll.

6. mrossh

mrossh New Member

I am a Crown graduate class 0f '97. My wife graduated class of '96. My sister received her masters class of '02. I feel that I may be qualified to answer some of the questions of legalism etc.

First, I would recomend them for their committment to the cause of Christ. Second I would recommend them for their spirit of excellence. Third, I would recommened them for their ability to train ministers.

Any one should know that we will find likes and dislikes in every situation. Brother Sexton has a good heart and a high ideal for the ministry God has given him. Let's be honest - we don't talk about whom we have never heard. That being said he does think highly of himself and that is somehting that was hard for me. I love him, pray for him, and thank God for what God has done through him.

I would send my children - I have 4 - to Crown if they were going into the ministry and it is what God wanted them to do. However, if they were going to study another career outside of ministry I would definitely receommend PCC, Bob Jones, Etc.

You canot judge a book by its cover, and a first impression isn't always the right impression, and lastly - judge a tree by its fruit. Many good and godly folks have graduated from Crown. I will say more later if necessary -

God bless and keep you all

pastor ross

ps - sorry if any mispells - please don't hold Crown accountable for that - [​IMG]

7. templeguy

templeguy New Member

The lawsuit in question is Crown College of the Bible v. Christian Web Service filed in the United States District Court Southern District of Ohio filed on 5/6/05. The defendant is a Christian and an ex-employee of Crown College employed to do set up websites for the college. (I should note that the College is in the Business of creating and maintaining websites for churches and religous organizations). The material in question was not copyright protected at the time of his employ. Furthermore, the Defendant was the creator of the program code upon which the item in question was written. The program was not even the same one that he used while at Crown. I obtained a copy of the lawsuit from the Court in Ohio and upon reading it I was disgusted by its assertions and demands. If Crown wins their lawsuite they will make a lot of money in alleged damages.
    I bet that looks good to any unsaved involved to see "Crown College of the BIBLE v. Christian Web Services." When it comes to money there is not much they will do to raise it.
    I am a member of TBC and have contributed quite a bit of offering $$ to the College up until about 18 months ago when things started to get out of hand with the college.