1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Crucified with Him- No longer Serving Sin

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Claudia_T, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

They may not have said the exact words that it is ok to sin but several have said that if they sinned and I mean "any sin" adultery, murder, etc, that it is already been covered by the blood and you don't even have to confess it or nothing and you still will go to Heaven and rejoice with the angels.
    The scriptures do not teach this at all.

We are starting from the beginning again, and I know what the next posts will be before you even make them.

(what they will say) Are you saying that Christs blood was not sufficient to cover all your sins? (what I say) What about His strength being strong enough to keep thee, now that would be a better question. He said, My Grace is sufficient to keep thee.

Never an answer to "If you say you know Him and keep not His Commandments, you are a liar", and no liars going to Heaven according to the Lord.

#21 Brother Bob, Jan 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2007
  2. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

No. Not in my opinion. Im tired of being called a legalist as well .. so. And I am having my positions mischaracterized. I guess nobody is happy about it.

#22 Claudia_T, Jan 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2007
  3. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

It strikes me as kind of funny all this talk about works and whether one goes to heaven or not. The Bible doesn't even teach that we will spend eternity in heaven, so that makes me wonder what so much fuss is about.

And to address your quote specifically Bro. Bob I think if you will go back and look at those passages it says in the kingdom, not heaven. The kingdom and eternity are not the same thing, although Christendom has unfortunately and incorrectly linked them together to mean the same thing.

Eternity is a separate context in and of itself and the kingdom is a completely different context. If we would keep this two distinctions many a Scriptural mistake would be avoided IMHO.

4. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In Rev 21 we see the saints on earth - in the New Earth following the 1000 years where the saints were in heaven.

so clearly they are not in heaven for eternity - but they are eternally with Christ. First they are in heaven "In my father's house many mansions... I GO to prepare a place for you.." then 1000 years later they come to earth and the New Jerusalem is here - for the New Earth "The meek shall inherit the earth" .

And Dan 2 and Dan 7 DO tell us that this earthly kingdom that we see after the 1000 years does last forever.

In Christ,

Bob