1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cruising Anyone

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by Tom Bryant, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are still going on the Carnival Freedom at the end of April. We haven't even thot about canceling.

But after the disaster on the carnival triumph, is anyone having 2nd thoughts about going cruising?

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would never go on one.

3. Tom Bryant

Faith:
    Baptist
    why not? we have found them incredibly relaxing.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tom..... do you really have to ask?

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Far to many mishaps and being stuck out at sea is just not for me.

6. Tom Bryant

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure, I have to ask. I've taken 22 cruises. My wife has been on 25 and we've never had a serious mishap on any of them.

But I understand people wanting to play it safe j/k... i am in a sarcastic mood tonight. :laugh:

7. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Never been on a cruise and never plan to. At least if something goes wrong on a plane, you die fast. On a boat, there's too many unpleasant things that could go wrong before you slowly die of dysentery and wind up as shark food.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How long do you cruse for?

9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We did one cruise on Holland America's Veendam and it was nice but just not our cup of tea. It might have been nice if I went alone and was able to just sit and enjoy but the travel to Bermuda was very rough (hurricane force winds most of the way) and then once we got to Bermuda, we were off running here and there. MY idea of a vacation is sitting in a nice comfy chair in the woods reading a book. LOL

But on my bucket list is a cruise to Alaska's inside passage. Other than that, I don't think I'll cruise again. Instead, we'll just use our own boat and cruise on that. At least hubby can fix broken stuff!! LOL

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    your going to Bermuda in that thing (30-40 foot waves) ....really?

11. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The secret to our 33 year marriage is two vacations every year. madre goes in the spring and I go in the fall. She goes on cruises. I go to deer camp. madre had me just about talked into one of those cruises until I found out they won't let you fish off the back of the boat.

12. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

While I am not against cruising, I have never desired going on one. This recent incident has not helped.

13. Tom Bryant

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cruising is not for everyone. But you will love cruising in Alaska. We did it 2 years ago and are saving up to do it when we retire. It is amazingly beautiful.

14. Tom Bryant

Faith:
    Baptist
    I could never do separate vacations from my wife. I understand your bride would like the deer camp and you might not like cruising, but i'd have to find a happy medium. My wife goes on shorter cruises with our daughters, and i go on mission trips separately. But I couldn't do that.

15. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are doing cruise #21, taking a short 4-day out of Cape Canaveral, then conference in Orlando. Get to take my son and his family on the cruise, then "watch" the kids for 4 more days at the conference. Did the same in August with my other son in California. Watching the grandkids enjoy all the food and activities and adventure is vicarious fun.

Then in Oct we will spend 4-5 days in Charleston doing "all things tourist", and take cruise #22.

I do not care for Carnival but both of these will be with the line. Anyone need suggestions on "best" cruise or questions if it is "right" for you, pm me and we can chat.

BTW, anyone "scared" or discouraged from possibly cruising because of the Costa ship last year or the latest Carnival breakdown need to do the math. Odds of you being in a car or plane accident are higher. For the millions of passenger miles and thousands of ships/cruises the past 12 months, this was a miniscule event.

(Still would not have liked to be there; but I've spent 3 days in an airport in a blizzard, sleeping in the corridor and fairly miserable even tho bathrooms worked, and I have not given up air travel)

16. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  17. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Took my spouse on one "loveboat" cruise from "Big Easy" to Cozumel and back. We had seasickness, quarantine and shower drains backed up. Cabin was a bit cramped.

The food was good and plentiful.

Saw a lot of opportunities for skin shows, gambling, revelry, drunkness and immorality. No opportunities for bible study or prayer meetings outside the cabin.

"Master, the tempest is raging..."

Even so, come Lord Jesus.

Bro. James