1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Crying over crude

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Acts 1:8, Feb 27, 2003.

1. Acts 1:8

Acts 1:8 New Member

Thought this was interesting...

http://money.cnn.com/2003/02/27/markets/oileffects/index.htm

"But investors would be wise to worry over the steady gains in oil. The price of light sweet crude has nearly doubled from where it was at the beginning of 2002, and just since this year began it's risen 20 percent. Such price spikes raise a big red flag. In the past 30 years there has never been a significant move higher in energy prices that has not been followed by recession."

[​IMG]

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, the problem in Venezuela for the past three months has had a major impact on raising the price of oil and there is a war premium based on the situation with Iraq. Once the Iraq problem is behind us, I believe oil will drop down to at least $30/barrel. And if the Venezuelan problem is solved and they can get their production back up close to what they were producing before December, I believe oil will drop down to at least $25/barrel. And $20-25/barrel is about the right equilibrium to give producers incentive to drill and to give consumers a comfortable price for gasoline.

3. Acts 1:8

Acts 1:8 New Member

Bush would be wise to release some oil from the U.S. reserves and then drill ANWAR.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I could not agree more. [​IMG]

5. HISSONGS

HISSONGS New Member

I believe we would be in one accord there my brother.