1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CSBTS?

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by nate, Dec 6, 2005.

1. nate

nate New Member

Recently I have been checking into Southern Baptist seminaries and found this one extremely interesting! It's the closest to where I live now. I was wondering does anyone have any info on it? How good is there language programs? Thanks!

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Can you give us a link?

3. nate

nate New Member

http://www.csbs.edu/
    Sorry should have thought to do that in the OP.It stands for Canadian Southern Baptist Seminary. I also messed up in the Title. I thought it was Canadian Southern Baptist Theological Seminary but it lacks theological.

4. Humblesmith

Humblesmith Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gee, I hope it's at least in southern Canada. Or at least on the south side of town.

5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I have heard excellent things about the school. Because it is in Canada you would get away from the typical SBC politics and infighting.

Henry Backaby's son is the president.

6. nate

nate New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] It's located in Calgary, CA.

7. nate

nate New Member

Thanks for the info gb!

8. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

My wife went to high school with the Director of Extension Education who is also a professor of New Testament and Greek at this school.

It is ATS accredited and is reasonably priced. Distance learning is $50.00 per hour. It has some residency requirements, but overall, it looks good. The faculty looks extremely solid.

9. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nate,

I don't think you will be disappointed. Richard Blackaby came to our little college a couple of years ago to do a "Spiritual Emphasis" week one spring.

I got to spend some time with him. He is really a great preacher and has a heart for Canada and missions. I got to "ferry" him around some. He is a great guy.

I think the experience AND education you would gain from the CSTS would be a great one. I would recommend it just from knowing Richard.

They are starting to put more and more of the MDiv degree online if I have understood properly. You might check out that aspect of the seminary.

On another note:
    I just love Montana! I have been up there 5 times since my wife and I married 30 years ago and have been involved in different types of missions projects there. I spoke to the Montana Pastors "Family Camp" @ Hungry Horse this past summer. I would move out there to pastor or do missions if God ever opened the door and gave me a way to make a living!

By the by, where is Somers, MT?

sdg!

rd

10. nate

nate New Member

Thanks for the information. Our Pastor is taking a sabatical leave. While he's out he's going to CSBS to do some studying and possibly some writing. On the other note: Somers is about 10 miles south of Kalispell MT.So I know exactly where you were this summer. Glacier Park is one of the greatest places to behold God's marvelous creation.