1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Curious About Something

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Reformed1689, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just curious....

Why are there so many threads on this site about Masonry? There is nothing wrong with it, just curious as to why it seems to be a large focus here.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is a fascinating story. Pull up a chair. :)

On another topic a member stated that Satan was "a type of Christ" because God made him to be sin.

That led another to ask if he was a mason, which started the freemason sitcom and its spinoffs.

It is not a topic that is often discussed. I don't know why the guy decided to start so many threads.

3. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think 'Forever Settled' is making a bid for a Masonry Forum on the BB. ;)

Rob

4. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Will there be a secret handshake?
    :Biggrin

5. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Probably because the person starting them is genuinely concerned about the number of professing Christians that are involved in Freemasonry.

If, as I am persuaded, Masonry's god is Lucifer, then what fellowship hath light with darkness?
    To me, it has more to do with separation than anything.
    We as believers have no business getting involved in secret societies, IMO, and certainly not where there are mixed believers and unbelievers.

I researched the subject years ago, and came to some startling conclusions of my own.
    Then I went to church one Sunday, and was amazed that there were Freemason symbols on several of the cars.

As for the number of threads?
    Dunno, but I happen to agree with much that Forever Settled has to say about it.

6. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Things go in cycles around here, it seems. Masonry today, who knows what tomorrow will bring.

• Like Like x 1
  7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Every once in a while something comes into the spotlight here at the BB.

Its the subject of freemasonry for the moment. It has been around before.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that much of that has to do with the fact that many Baptists see no need to come out of the Free Masonry !

9. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then why not interact with those people. It seems like practically zero support for Masons on here, but if we don't all march in step with a certain bandleader, accusations of underhanded support pop up.

I'd be happy if the world was rid of thw whole organization, myself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've friends involved in the "stonecutters", as I like to call them. I wouldn't join because of the blood oath that is taken.

I discussed this once with a member and he explained some of the beliefs. They call God "GAOU" (great architect of the universe). They claim they are not a religious organization. They openly recruit from all different religions.

When I questioned him about that he stated the M*sons beliefs "transcends" all religions including Christianity.

When I pointed out he appeared to be proclaiming a new gospel he seemed pleased and agreed, until I pointed to scripture that condemned as "anathama" those that proclaim another gospel.

At that point he simply walked off and refused to talk to me again. Ever.

Peace to you.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ANY group that teaches and accepts that Jesus is not the Lord, is not the only One that can save lost sinners is under antichrist spirit, no matter how well meaning!

12. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mostly because there is something wrong with a secret society. Which really isn't so secret anymore.They claim they aren't a religious group. However they have there own translation of the Bible they meet in a temple. They use religious terms as well as occult symbols. There secrets were exposed by a man named Aleister Crawly who was a 33rd degree mason. (not sure I spelled his first name right). He explained that He feared for his life because of the oath he took when he joined. Being a 33rd degree mason meant he had progressed to know all secrets of the organization. They claim they are builders and never say exactly what they build. Most who Join do not know everything until they progress.
    Regardless of whether or not this man is telling the truth about them. There are other books about masonry that make the same kind of statements. The only way you can join is by recommendation from a member who becomes your sponsor.
    MB

13. Ran the Man

Ran the Man Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just wonder why the SBC refused to condemn it. Jesus did nothing in secret. And it's forbidden by both Pentecostals and eastern orthodox.

14. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't really know the answer to that question. I suspect that there are plenty masons involved in all Churches. Most who join don't know all there is to know about them until it's to late. That s usually around the 3rd to 5th degree of rank. Joining can mean a path to wealth because they back each other up financially.With in their ranks they are always favored by there own.
    MB

15. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The translation they use is the KJV.

What caught my attention was the Aleister Crowley reference (he was not a 33 degree Mason).

I think you confused the Masons with Thelema in this instance.

Now I have the song "Mr. Crowley" stuck in my head (a hangover from a misspent youth).

16. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Have you ever read the introduction to the Masonic Edition of the Holy Bible which is designed to inform the reader the true nature of Masonism? If not, find a copy and read it and then come back and let us see if you think there is nothing wrong with Masonism. Hint, in that introduction Masonism claims to be a greater light than Christianity and Jesus one of many prophets no greater and no less than others, such as Mohammed.

• Like Like x 1