1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cussing without cussing.. Possible or no?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by JamieinNH, May 27, 2007.

1. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Ah ok. Well I guess that way for you to have done that would be to not have posted to begin with. :)

This thread have been very informative to me, and I plan on sharing this with the members at the study. For what it's worth, I was one in the crowd that believe subbing a word for another was the same thing, if your heart "meant" the orginal word. This thread has helped me 1) back that opinion and 2) might help her stop subbing words.

I am sorry if you think a thread is uninformative, but my suggestion would be to not post at all if you believe that to be the case.

Thanks,

Jamie

2. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

I didn't know this. If it is against the rules, I didn't mean to break them, but it would have been very hard to have this conversation without explaining it from the beginning I would think.

Edit: I didn't see that in the rules. I could have overlooked it.

Jamie

3. D28guy

D28guy New Member

I must have overlooked that as well. I used the asterisks thinking I was doing what would be OK.

Mike

4. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

I was always more familiar with it as just an exclamation, but since becoming Christian, I realize it as an act of condemnation. In fact, "condemn" is a related word!
    Oh, and how could I forget: the corresponding vulgar word for the other body function: urinate. Which is found right in the KJV Bible! Wonder how many KJVO's realize that!